Scholarship Program For People With Disabilities
- Publish Date: 2010/09/02
- Author: American Association on Health and Disability
Outline: American Association on Health and Disability is offering scholarships to students with disabilities.
Main DigestAmerican Association on Health and Disability Scholarship Program.
The American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) is offering $1,000 scholarships to students with disabilities.
The AAHD Scholarship Program is for any student with a disability, but AAHD gives preference to students who plan to pursue undergraduate or graduate studies in the field of public health, health promotion, disability studies, to include disability policy and disability research.
Applicants must be:
A high school graduate
Have a documented disability and able to provide documentation of their disability
A US citizen or legal resident living in the US
Enrolled in or accepted by an accredited US four-year university or graduate school on a full-time basis
To apply, submit a Personal Statement of up to three pages covering your personal history, educational and career goals, extracurricular activities, and why you should be selected for the scholarship. You will also need three letters of recommendation, with one being from a teacher or academic adviser. You must also provide a copy of your college transcript and agree to allow AAHD to use your name, picture, and story in future scholarship materials.
Deadline for applications is November 15, 2010
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "2010 Scholarship" in the subject line.
For more information, contact Roberta Carlin, AAHD Executive Director, at email@example.com or call (301) 545-6140 ext. 206.
Download a registration form here: fifthfreedom.org/u/2q
- 1 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students | Disabled World | 2019/01/31
- 2 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year | OneClass | 2019/06/14
- 3 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships | Eli Lilly and Company | 2015/02/03
- 4 - Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability | Through the Looking Glass | 2015/02/27
- 5 - Am I Entitled to Disability Scholarships | Disabled World | 2009/11/23