Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Australians will be supported to participate in vocational education and training programs through Scholarships Program - Young Australians Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow.
- Program provides scholarships to successful applicants of up to $5,000 a year to undertake Approved Course of Study in 1 of 10 regional areas experiencing high youth unemployment.
- Priority given to individuals who recently exited Australian Defence Force, young Indigenous people, have a disability or are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Under the Australian Governments $585 million Skills Package, Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow, around 400 young Australians will be supported to participate in vocational education and training (VET) programs through the Commonwealth Scholarships Program for Young Australians (the Program).
The Program provides scholarships to successful applicants of up to $5,000 a year to undertake an Approved Course of Study in one of 10 regional areas experiencing high youth unemployment. The scholarships target occupations identified in projected growth industries and in-demand occupations within each region.
Scholarship recipients will also complete a 20 business day paid internship, for which they will receive an additional $3,000. Host employers will receive $500 per intern.
The Program will be delivered in 10 regional areas by Busy at Work in the following locations:
- Tasmania: Burnie
- Victoria: Shepparton
- South Australia: Port Pirie
- Northern Territory: Alice Springs
- New South Wales: Grafton and Gosford
- Queensland: Maryborough and Townsville
- Western Australia: Wanneroo and Armadale
The first Scholarship Application Round will be opening soon for applicants who are:
- Not in full-time work at the time of applying.
- Living in one of the 10 nominated regional areas.
- Aged 15 to 24 years or recently exited from the Australian Defence Force (no age restriction).
- Applied for an eligible VET qualification at the Certificate III to Advanced Diploma level, which leads to an eligible occupation.
Round 2 opens 24 April 2020 and closes at 5:00pm 24 July 2020
Priority is given to individuals who have recently exited from the Australian Defence Force (ADF), and young people who are Indigenous, have a disability or are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Questions regarding the second application round should be sent to BUSY At Work no later than 23 July 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the second application round contact BUSY At Work on 13 BUSY (13 28 79), or firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the Program, including eligible occupations and how to apply for a scholarship, can be found on the Busy at Work website - www.busyatwork.com.au/scholarship-program-for-young-australians/
- 1 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 2 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 3 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 4 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 5 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 6 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
- 7 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships : Eli Lilly and Company (2015/02/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.