Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program
Published : 2020-04-27
Author : Disabled World - Contact: www.disabled-world.com
🛈 Synopsis : Australians will be supported to participate in vocational education and training programs through Scholarships Program - Young Australians Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow. Program provides scholarships to successful applicants of up to $5,000 a year to undertake Approved Course of Study in 1 of 10 regional areas experiencing high youth unemployment. Priority given to individuals who recently exited Australian Defence Force, young Indigenous people, have a disability or are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Under the Australian Governments $585 million Skills Package, Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow, around 400 young Australians will be supported to participate in vocational education and training (VET) programs through the Commonwealth Scholarships Program for Young Australians (the Program).
The Program provides scholarships to successful applicants of up to $5,000 a year to undertake an Approved Course of Study in one of 10 regional areas experiencing high youth unemployment. The scholarships target occupations identified in projected growth industries and in-demand occupations within each region.
Scholarship recipients will also complete a 20 business day paid internship, for which they will receive an additional $3,000. Host employers will receive $500 per intern.
The Program will be delivered in 10 regional areas by Busy at Work in the following locations:
- Tasmania: Burnie
- Victoria: Shepparton
- South Australia: Port Pirie
- Northern Territory: Alice Springs
- New South Wales: Grafton and Gosford
- Queensland: Maryborough and Townsville
- Western Australia: Wanneroo and Armadale
The first Scholarship Application Round will be opening soon for applicants who are:
- Not in full-time work at the time of applying.
- Living in one of the 10 nominated regional areas.
- Aged 15 to 24 years or recently exited from the Australian Defence Force (no age restriction).
- Applied for an eligible VET qualification at the Certificate III to Advanced Diploma level, which leads to an eligible occupation.
Round 2 opens 24 April 2020 and closes at 5:00pm 24 July 2020
Priority is given to individuals who have recently exited from the Australian Defence Force (ADF), and young people who are Indigenous, have a disability or are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Questions regarding the second application round should be sent to BUSY At Work no later than 23 July 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the second application round contact BUSY At Work on 13 BUSY (13 28 79), or email@example.com
More information about the Program, including eligible occupations and how to apply for a scholarship, can be found on the Busy at Work website - www.busyatwork.com.au/scholarship-program-for-young-australians/
Related Scholarships Documents
- 1: Lime Connect 2021 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Recipients of the Lime Connect Pathways Scholarship each receive $1,000 in support of their studies at a 4 year university or college in the U.S. or Canada.
- 2: U.S. Scholarships for the Blind : A list of available school and college scholarships for the blind and visually impaired.
- 3: eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : The scholarship will award five students living with sight loss, with eSight eyewear to help significantly enhance their vision making it easier to achieve their academic goals.
- 4: General Disability Scholarships: Canada : A list of various general disability scholarships that are open to students with disabilities in Canada and separate Canadian Provinces.
- 5: Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin sponsoring scholarships for veterans to aid wounded warriors of the United States armed services, one for flying and the second for sailing.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2020-04-27. Title: Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/dstt.php>Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-10, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/dstt.php - Reference: DW#323-13824.