Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program
Author: Disabled World | Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Peer-Reviewed Publication: N/A
Jump to: Main Digest | Publications
Synopsis: Australians will be supported to participate in vocational education and training programs through Scholarships Program - Young Australians Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow. Program provides scholarships to successful applicants of up to $5,000 a year to undertake Approved Course of Study in 1 of 10 regional areas experiencing high youth unemployment. Priority given to individuals who recently exited Australian Defence Force, young Indigenous people, have a disability or are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Under the Australian Governments $585 million Skills Package, Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow, around 400 young Australians will be supported to participate in vocational education and training (VET) programs through the Commonwealth Scholarships Program for Young Australians (the Program).
This article is from our digest of publications relating to Disability Scholarships that also includes:
The Program provides scholarships to successful applicants of up to $5,000 a year to undertake an Approved Course of Study in one of 10 regional areas experiencing high youth unemployment. The scholarships target occupations identified in projected growth industries and in-demand occupations within each region.
Scholarship recipients will also complete a 20 business day paid internship, for which they will receive an additional $3,000. Host employers will receive $500 per intern.
The Program will be delivered in 10 regional areas by Busy at Work in the following locations:
- Tasmania: Burnie
- Victoria: Shepparton
- South Australia: Port Pirie
- Northern Territory: Alice Springs
- New South Wales: Grafton and Gosford
- Queensland: Maryborough and Townsville
- Western Australia: Wanneroo and Armadale
The first Scholarship Application Round will be opening soon for applicants who are:
- Not in full-time work at the time of applying.
- Living in one of the 10 nominated regional areas.
- Aged 15 to 24 years or recently exited from the Australian Defence Force (no age restriction).
- Applied for an eligible VET qualification at the Certificate III to Advanced Diploma level, which leads to an eligible occupation.
Round 2 opens 24 April 2020 and closes at 5:00pm 24 July 2020
Priority is given to individuals who have recently exited from the Australian Defence Force (ADF), and young people who are Indigenous, have a disability or are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Questions regarding the second application round should be sent to BUSY At Work no later than 23 July 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the second application round contact BUSY At Work on 13 BUSY (13 28 79), or email@example.com
More information about the Program, including eligible occupations and how to apply for a scholarship, can be found on the Busy at Work website - www.busyatwork.com.au/scholarship-program-for-young-australians/
Disabled World is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disabled World provides general information only. The materials presented are never meant to substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Financial support is derived from advertisements or referral programs, where indicated. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.
• Cite This Page (APA): Disabled World. (2020, April 27). Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program. Disabled World. Retrieved September 26, 2022 from www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/dstt.php
• Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/dstt.php">Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program</a>