2018 Annual Essay Contest for Students Living with a Disability
Synopsis: The contest focuses on students who face unique challenges in attaining higher education and achieving career goals while living with a disability.(1)
Author: Michael D. Waks(2) Contact: michaelwaks.com
The Law Office of Michael D. Waks announced its Third Annual Essay Contest to help Students Living with a Disability.
The contest focuses on students who face unique challenges in attaining higher education and achieving career goals while living with a disability.
This annual opportunity is open to all high school seniors and undergraduate college students currently enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year accredited university or college, who are living with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Attorney Michael D. Waks invites applicants to submit an essay of 1,000 words or less on the following topic:
- What educational challenges have you experienced due to your disability?
- How have you overcome these challenges in the past and how will you overcome them in the future?
- How has your disability influenced your choice of study and career?
"Furthering one's education and building a career can be tough. But as a Long Beach Personal Injury Attorney for over 30 years, I've seen how much harder it is for my young clients after being injured and disabled. That is why I established this annual Essay Contest to help disabled students reach their educational goals."
The primary objective of the Contest is to help disabled students advance their education through the provision of a monetary award.
The $1,000 prize will be awarded to the author of the winning essay on August 1, 2018.
The deadline for submitting essays is August 1, 2018.
For more information and to submit essays, please visit:
(2)Source/Reference: Michael D. Waks. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1: U.S. Scholarships for the Blind : Disabled World (2009/09/13)
- 2: eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 3: General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 4: Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 5: Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 6: Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 7: List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.