Hauora Maori Scholarships Now Available in New Zealand
- Publish Date: 2011/03/21
- Author: New Zealand Scholarships
Outline: Hauora Maori Scholarships are funded by Maori Provider Development Scheme to achieve greater participation in the health and disability workforce.
Main DigestAssociate Health Minister Tariana Turia is encouraging Maori students to apply for Hauora Maori Scholarships to help them start or finish their studies in health related courses.
"This year a new category has been included for Community Health Workers and I would encourage students to apply," says Mrs Turia.
Hauora Maori Scholarships are funded under the Maori Provider Development Scheme to achieve greater participation by Maori in the health and disability workforce ensuring the delivery of health services for Maori.
The Ministry of Health receives more than 600 applications each year for the Hauora Maori Scholarships.
To be eligible students must be enrolled and attending a University, Polytechnic, Wananga or College of Education.
The must be studying a health related, NZQA accredited course, be able to demonstrate a commitment to and/or competence in Maori health and well-being studies and have whakapapa and/or cultural links with te ao Maori or Maori communities.
Application forms can be completed online at the Ministry of Health's website www.moh.govt.nz and close on 8 April 2011.
- 1 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students | Disabled World | 2019/01/31
- 2 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year | OneClass | 2019/06/14
- 3 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships | Eli Lilly and Company | 2015/02/03
- 4 - Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability | Through the Looking Glass | 2015/02/27
- 5 - Am I Entitled to Disability Scholarships | Disabled World | 2009/11/23