Disability Scholarships from Injury Lawyer News
Author: Injury Lawyer News : Contact: injurylawyer-news.com
Published: 2014-09-10 : (Rev. 2016-03-20)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Scholarship will be awarded to 3 students, each receiving $1000 to be used toward tuition, books or housing at an accredited US undergraduate college program or law school.
Injury Lawyer News believes strongly in helping students achieve their goals of higher education, especially when they are faced with challenges such as physical and learning disabilities. As advocates of higher education, we are proud to give back to the community through the Injury Lawyer News Disability Scholarship Award.
Who is Eligible
The scholarship award is available to all pre-law and law school students. Students must be accepted to or already attending an accredited US college or university or accepted to or attending a fully accredited US law school. In addition, the scholarship is only available to students with a medically documented disability, which can be either a physical disability or a learning disability.
Scholarship Award: $3,000
The scholarship will be awarded to three students; each student will receive $1000 to be used toward tuition, books or housing at an accredited US undergraduate college program or law school.
- All applications must be received by December 31, 2014.
- Applications will only be accepted by email.
Applicants for the scholarship will write an essay on the following topics:
- What are the greatest challenges you have had to overcome as a result of your disability
- What area of law do you intend to practice and why
- Essays should be 1500 to 2000 words, submitted by email only, in Word document format.
- Be sure to submit your name, address, phone number and email address as part of your application.
- A statement of your academic status at the undergraduate or graduate program you are attending
- Proof of attendance or acceptance at an accredited school as outlined above
- Proof of a minimum 3.0 GPA from the school you attend or attended (copy of official transcript required)
- Applicant must submit medical documentation of his/her disability
Winners will be chosen based on the merits of the essays they submit. The scholarship will be awarded within 15 business days of the submission deadline.
Please submit any questions to: email@example.com
Or visit injurylawyer-news.com/scholarship/
Please Email all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.