Lighthouse Guild Scholarships for Legally Blind High School Seniors and Graduate Students
Author: Lighthouse Guild
Contact : lighthouseguild.org
Published: 2018-11-19 - (Updated: 2019-02-10)
Lighthouse Guild annual scholarships for students with vision loss to aid in a successful transition to college and graduate school to further their education.
Lighthouse Guild provides scholarships for students with vision loss that help them make a successful transition to college and graduate education.
Lighthouse Guild supports higher education for all individuals and acknowledges achievements of academically qualified high school and college students who are seeking to further their education.
Lighthouse Guild is the leading organization dedicated to addressing and preventing vision loss by coordinating care for eye health, vision rehabilitation, behavioral health and related services. Their goal is to reduce hardships of living with vision loss. Lighthouse Guild engages local, state and federal policy makers to raise awareness of the need for access to vision rehabilitation services, and advocates for appropriate legislative responses to issues affecting people with vision loss.
Each year, their merit-based scholarship program helps up to 10 outstanding legally blind high school students from across the country, and provides a scholarship to a qualifying graduate student.
Yearly Scholarships are Available For
- College education, to high school students who will be incoming freshmen.
- Graduate education (Master's degree, Ph.D., MD, JD, other post-baccalaureate degree), to students, already attending or planning to attend graduate school.
About the Awards
- The award is unrestricted, you can use it for whatever you wish: tuition, room and board, books, travel.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is March 31st yearly.
If you have a record of strong academic accomplishment and merit, apply for a scholarship and take another step toward the advanced education you deserve.
Applications and Requirements
For information including criteria and appliction forms visit:
- 1 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 2 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 3 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
- 4 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships : Eli Lilly and Company (2015/02/03)
- 5 - Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability : Through the Looking Glass (2015/02/27)
- 6 - Am I Entitled to Disability Scholarships : Disabled World (2009/11/23)
- 7 - 6 New Scholarships for U.S. and Canadian Applicants : StudySoup (2019/03/04)