Lighthouse Guild Scholarships for Legally Blind High School Seniors and Graduate Students
Synopsis: Lighthouse Guild annual scholarships for students with vision loss to aid in a successful transition to college and graduate school to further their education.1
Author: Lighthouse Guild Contact: lighthouseguild.org
Published: 2018-11-19 Updated: 2019-02-10
Lighthouse Guild provides scholarships for students with vision loss that help them make a successful transition to college and graduate education.
Lighthouse Guild supports higher education for all individuals and acknowledges achievements of academically qualified high school and college students who are seeking to further their education.
Lighthouse Guild is the leading organization dedicated to addressing and preventing vision loss by coordinating care for eye health, vision rehabilitation, behavioral health and related services. Their goal is to reduce hardships of living with vision loss. Lighthouse Guild engages local, state and federal policy makers to raise awareness of the need for access to vision rehabilitation services, and advocates for appropriate legislative responses to issues affecting people with vision loss.
Each year, their merit-based scholarship program helps up to 10 outstanding legally blind high school students from across the country, and provides a scholarship to a qualifying graduate student.
Yearly Scholarships are Available For
- College education, to high school students who will be incoming freshmen.
- Graduate education (Master's degree, Ph.D., MD, JD, other post-baccalaureate degree), to students, already attending or planning to attend graduate school.
About the Awards
- The award is unrestricted, you can use it for whatever you wish: tuition, room and board, books, travel.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is March 31st yearly.
If you have a record of strong academic accomplishment and merit, apply for a scholarship and take another step toward the advanced education you deserve.
Applications and Requirements
For information including criteria and appliction forms visit:
- 1: U.S. Scholarships for the Blind : Disabled World (2009/09/13)
- 2: eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 3: General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 4: Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 5: Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 6: Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 7: List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
Disclaimer: Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Disclosure: Disabled World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Lighthouse Guild. Electronic Publication Date: 2018-11-19. Last Revised Date: 2019-02-10. Reference Title: Lighthouse Guild Scholarships for Legally Blind High School Seniors and Graduate Students, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/lighthouse-guild.php>Lighthouse Guild Scholarships for Legally Blind High School Seniors and Graduate Students</a>. Abstract: Lighthouse Guild annual scholarships for students with vision loss to aid in a successful transition to college and graduate school to further their education. Retrieved 2021-02-26, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/lighthouse-guild.php - Reference Category Number: DW#323-13586.