$150,000 in Scholarships Awarded by MassMutual
Author: MassMutual : Contact: Laura DeMars - Ph. 413.744.7181 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Synopsis and Key Points:
Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company has awarded $150,000 in college scholarships to students across the country.
Main DigestThe MassMutual Scholars program is a national scholarship program for eligible students interested in careers in the insurance and financial services industry.
This year, MassMutual awarded $2,500 and $5,000 scholarships to 31 high achieving college students to help them pursue their higher education dreams. Student applicants were evaluated on their academic performance, commitment to education, and financial need, as well as a personal essay in which many shared poignant stories about their desires to achieve a degree and their need for assistance.
One of this year's recipients is Bianca Morris, a student at Texas A&M University - San Antonio majoring in Business Administration and Management. Morris is also a second time MassMutual scholarship recipient, having received the scholarship last year. She says one of her goals after college is to become the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Morris' application touched on her challenges including losing her home to fire last year, but still carrying on with her education. "Although I had trials and tribulations this past school year, I remained steadfast and stayed the course because I knew that I had people who invested in me, and I wanted to show my appreciation and reach my goals," she said.
"I'd like to congratulate all of this year's MassMutual Scholars," said Nick Fyntrilakis, Vice President of Community Responsibility at MassMutual. "It is rewarding to know that so many students are diligently working towards obtaining a college degree and that the MassMutual Scholarship can help them get there."
The MassMutual Scholars program aims to increase college access to students nationally, as well as raise awareness of careers in financial services. It is one of many initiatives in MassMutual's Community Responsibility programs, which provided more than $7 million in charitable contributions in 2013.
To learn more about all of MassMutual's Scholarship programs and community responsibility initiatives visit www.massmutual.com/education.
|The 2014 MassMutual Scholars are:|
|Najjuwah Walden||North Carolina A & T State University|
|Imran Hasan||University of Iowa|
|Ulugmurod Yarkulov||Georgia State University|
|Christian Trigg||Tuskegee University|
|Takashi Yanagi||University of Notre Dame|
|Christopher Sanford||Oklahoma Baptist University|
|Gregory Hacker||University of Alabama|
|Alexander Schachter||Pennsylvania State University|
|Maheen Amjad||University of Houston|
|Richard Spilsbury||University of Phoenix - Main Campus|
|Hawa Bah||Berkeley College|
|Robert Agrinzonis||Florida International University|
|Aubriann Fox||Monmouth University|
|Marcella Singley||Rutgers University-Camden|
|Bianca Morris||Texas A & M University - San Antonio|
|Mirko Ranieri||Harvard College|
|Kyle Ahn||Salt Lake Community College|
|Timothy Dostie||University of Massachusetts Amherst|
|Charles Kim||Georgetown University|
|Michael Callas||Clarion University of Pennsylvania|
|Gabrielle Matthews||University of Mississippi|
|Danielle Carson||Coe College|
|David Garza||University of Texas - Pan American|
|Andres Vivas Lopez||Drexel University|
|Limary Lopez-Ortiz||University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras|
|Amy He||University of California - Berkeley|
|Guan Hua Xie||Southern Methodist University|
|Jessica Burl||Clarkson University|
|Steven Cornelius||Missouri State University|
|Sandra Meder||Upper Iowa University|
|Andrew Curtiss||Mount San Antonio College|
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.