Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability
Synopsis: Fifteen college scholarships of $1000 each for students who have a parent with a disability.1
Author: Through the Looking Glass2 Contact: (800) 644-2666 Ext: 8104
Published: 2015-02-27 Updated: 2019-03-09
Through the Looking Glass and its National Center for Parents with Disabilities and their Families are pleased to announce new scholarships specifically for high school seniors or college students who have parents with disabilities.
A total of fifteen $1000 scholarships will be given out Fall 2015.
These scholarships are part of Through the Looking Glass' National Center for Parents with Disabilities and their Families. Deadline for applications is March 23, 2015.
High School Seniors
To be eligible, a student must be a high school graduate (or graduating senior) by Summer 2015, have at least one parent with a disability, and be planning to attend an accredited technical or vocational school or a two or four-year college in Fall 2015.
Those planning to attend a two or four-year college should be pursuing an AA, AS, BA or BS degree.
To be eligible a student must be;
- Have at least one parent with a disability
- Be 21 years of age or younger as of March 23, 2015.
- Those enrolled in a two or four-year college should be pursuing an AA, AS, BA or BS degree.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited technical or vocational school or a two or four year college with continued enrollment through Fall 2015
All application materials must be postmarked by March 23, 2015.
Individuals may submit only one (1) application per award period.
Selection criteria for all scholarships include;
- Academic performance
- Letter of recommendation
- Community activities and service
- An essay describing the experience of growing up with a parent with a disability
Five of the fifteen scholarships will also consider financial hardship and academic potential in addition to the other selection criteria.
Please go to: www.lookingglass.org for more information, including the application form, complete application directions and an FAQ page that answers many common questions as well as offers helpful suggestions.
2Source/Reference: Through the Looking Glass. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1: U.S. Scholarships for the Blind : Disabled World (2009/09/13)
- 2: eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 3: General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 4: Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 5: Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 6: Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 7: List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
Disclaimer: Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Disclosure: Disabled World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Through the Looking Glass. Electronic Publication Date: 2015-02-27. Last Revised Date: 2019-03-09. Reference Title: Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/parent.php>Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability</a>. Abstract: Fifteen college scholarships of $1000 each for students who have a parent with a disability. Retrieved 2021-02-26, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/parent.php - Reference Category Number: DW#323-11294.