Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability
- Publish Date: 2015/02/27 - (Rev. 2019/03/09)
- Author: Through the Looking Glass(i)
- Contact : (800) 644-2666 Ext: 8104
Outline: Fifteen college scholarships of $1000 each for students who have a parent with a disability.
Through the Looking Glass and its National Center for Parents with Disabilities and their Families are pleased to announce new scholarships specifically for high school seniors or college students who have parents with disabilities.
A total of fifteen $1000 scholarships will be given out Fall 2015.
These scholarships are part of Through the Looking Glass' National Center for Parents with Disabilities and their Families. Deadline for applications is March 23, 2015.
High School Seniors
To be eligible, a student must be a high school graduate (or graduating senior) by Summer 2015, have at least one parent with a disability, and be planning to attend an accredited technical or vocational school or a two or four-year college in Fall 2015.
Those planning to attend a two or four-year college should be pursuing an AA, AS, BA or BS degree.
To be eligible a student must be;
- Have at least one parent with a disability
- Be 21 years of age or younger as of March 23, 2015.
- Those enrolled in a two or four-year college should be pursuing an AA, AS, BA or BS degree.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited technical or vocational school or a two or four year college with continued enrollment through Fall 2015
All application materials must be postmarked by March 23, 2015.
Individuals may submit only one (1) application per award period.
Selection criteria for all scholarships include;
- Academic performance
- Letter of recommendation
- Community activities and service
- An essay describing the experience of growing up with a parent with a disability
Five of the fifteen scholarships will also consider financial hardship and academic potential in addition to the other selection criteria.
Please go to: www.lookingglass.org for more information, including the application form, complete application directions and an FAQ page that answers many common questions as well as offers helpful suggestions.
- 1 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students | Disabled World | 2019/01/31
- 2 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year | OneClass | 2019/06/14
- 3 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships | Eli Lilly and Company | 2015/02/03
- 4 - Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability | Through the Looking Glass | 2015/02/27
- 5 - Am I Entitled to Disability Scholarships | Disabled World | 2009/11/23
- 6 - 6 New Scholarships for U.S. and Canadian Applicants | StudySoup | 2019/03/04
- 7 - Lighthouse Guild Scholarships for Legally Blind High School Seniors and Graduate Students | Lighthouse Guild | 2018/11/19
- 8 - Scholarships for Students with Tourette Syndrome - Vocational/Technical and Computer Certifications | WordWork Writing andPublic Relations | 2018/12/04
(i)This information is from an external source (Through the Looking Glass). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity, and/or length. If you are connected with this page and want it corrected/updated please contact us.
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media