Lime Connect 2021 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities
Published : 2020-05-17 - Updated : 2021-04-03
Author : Lime Connect - Contact: limeconnect.com
🛈 Synopsis : Recipients of the Lime Connect Pathways Scholarship each receive $1,000 in support of their studies at a 4 year university or college in the U.S. or Canada. Pathways Scholarship designed for current high school seniors who are pursuing a degree at a four-year university or college in either the U.S. or Canada. Recipients of the Lime Connect Pathways Scholarship each receive $1,000 in support of their university/college studies.
Lime Connect (Lime) believes strongly in the potential of high school students who happen to have all types of disabilities, and is committed to supporting their future. In 2019, we were pleased to launch our inaugural Pathways Scholarship designed for current high school seniors who are pursuing a degree at a four-year university or college in either the U.S. or Canada. 2021 scholarship applications are open, and are due by Monday, May 31st at 11:59 pm EST.
Tom Wilson, Lime Connect global board chair, said;
"Access to higher education can be a game-changer for young people who happen to have disabilities, and we're proud to recognize the achievements of our outstanding Pathways Scholars with these awards."
Recipients of the Lime Connect Pathways Scholarship each receive $1,000 in support of their university/college studies. The awards are merit-based, but financial need will be taken into consideration.
A woman wearing a graduation cap smiling and looking up at the sky.
2021 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- Have, or consider themselves to have a visible or invisible disability*
- Current high school senior in the U.S. or Canada graduating in the Spring or Summer of 2021.
- Accepted to, or applied and awaiting acceptance to, a 4-year university or college in the U.S. or Canada for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Intending to be enrolled full time in that 4-year university or college in Fall 2021.
*An individual with a disability is defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants will apply online via The Lime Network and provide general background information, a resume/CV, and answer to one essay question related to living successfully with a disability. Those applicants who are selected as finalists will submit letters of reference.
Deadline to apply: Monday, May 31st at 11:59 pm EST
For more detail regarding the process, read stories of previous Scholars, and to apply, go here.
Lime Connect is a not for profit organization that is rebranding disability through achievement. The organization's focus is to attract, prepare and connect high potential university students and alumni for scholarships, a Fellowship Program, Foundations Program and internships and full time careers with their corporate partners - the world's leading corporations. This work showcases the vast strengths and benefits that are found in disabilities and provides individuals who happen to have disabilities with the tools, access and confidence to realize their dreams. For more information on Lime Connect, visit imeconnect.com
Source/Reference: Lime Connect (limeconnect.com). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
Related Scholarships Documents
- 1: Lime Connect 2021 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Recipients of the Lime Connect Pathways Scholarship each receive $1,000 in support of their studies at a 4 year university or college in the U.S. or Canada.
- 2: U.S. Scholarships for the Blind : A list of available school and college scholarships for the blind and visually impaired.
- 3: eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : The scholarship will award five students living with sight loss, with eSight eyewear to help significantly enhance their vision making it easier to achieve their academic goals.
- 4: General Disability Scholarships: Canada : A list of various general disability scholarships that are open to students with disabilities in Canada and separate Canadian Provinces.
- 5: Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin sponsoring scholarships for veterans to aid wounded warriors of the United States armed services, one for flying and the second for sailing.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Lime Connect. Electronic Publication Date: 2020-05-17 - Revised: 2021-04-03. Title: Lime Connect 2021 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/pathways-scholarship.php>Lime Connect 2021 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-10, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/pathways-scholarship.php - Reference: DW#323-13839.