MassMutual Scholars Program - $150,000 in Scholarships to College Students
Author: MassMutual : Contact: massmutual.com
Published: 2015-01-12 : (Rev. 2016-03-27)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company will offer $150,000 in scholarships to high-achieving college students across the country.
The company plans to give thirty scholarships to hard-working students who have an interest in pursuing careers in the insurance and financial services industries.
"The MassMutual Scholars Program, is a great way for MassMutual to provide financial support to talented students across the country," said Nick Fyntrilakis, MassMutual, Vice President, Community Responsibility.
"These scholarships will not only help college students obtain their degrees, but also assist in decreasing student debt and raise awareness of careers in insurance and financial services."
The scholarship program is open to students of all majors.
Applicants must attend an accredited college or university in pursuit of an undergraduate degree, demonstrate financial need, and meet certain academic requirements, such as minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
The application deadline for this year's awards March 31, 2015.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be entering sophomore, junior, senior or 5th-year senior year in pursuit of an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or university.
- Plan to attend a degree-seeking program, full-time at a U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Demonstrate leadership and participation in extracurricular activities.
- Complete and submit for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Show proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (if selected).
Founded in 1851, MassMutual is a leading mutual life insurance company that is run for the benefit of its members and participating policy-owners. The company has a long history of financial strength and strong performance, and although dividends are not guaranteed, MassMutual has paid dividends to eligible participating policyholders continuously since the 1860s. With whole life insurance as its foundation, MassMutual provides products to help meet the financial needs of clients, such as life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance, retirement/401(k) plan services, and annuities. In addition, the company's strong and growing network of financial professionals helps clients make good financial decisions for the long-term.
MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. MassMutual is headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts and its major affiliates include: Babson Capital Management LLC; Baring Asset Management Limited; Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC; The First Mercantile Trust Company; MassMutual International LLC; MML Investors Services, LLC, Member FINRA and SIPC; OppenheimerFunds, Inc.; and The MassMutual Trust Company, FSB.
For more information on how to apply or to obtain an application, visit https://massmutual.scholarsapply.org
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.