Scholarships for Deaf and Hearing Impaired - Canada - Disability Scholarships
Author: Disabled World
Published: 2009-09-16 : (Rev. 2010-07-08)
Synopsis and Key Points:
A list of available Canadian Scholarships and financial aid for Deaf and Hearing Impaired school and college students in Canada.
Main DigestA list of available Canadian Scholarships and financial aid for Deaf and Hearing Impaired school and college students in Canada.
Canadian Scholarships for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired
A list of available Canadian Disability Scholarships and financial aid for Deaf and Hearing Impaired school and college students in Canada
Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf Scholarship Awards
Vary in amounts from $500 to $1,000. These scholarships are open to students who were born with a profound or severe hearing impairment, or those who have lost their hearing before acquiring language skills. Students must request an application in writing before December 1 of the year previous to the one in which they intend to study. Completed applications must be in by April 1.
Wallace Anderson Memorial Scholarship Fund
SJDHHS administers a scholarship fund for students who are manually deaf and reside in Southwestern New Brunswick. 2002 marked the first year of this scholarship and will continue on a early basis providing applications are received by April 30 of each year. The scholarship is designed to enhance manual deaf students living in southwestern New Brunswick who wish to further their education goals on a full time or part time basis. There is no age limit for deaf applicants pursuing post secondary studies and can be applied for on a yearly basis. This can include, but is not limited to, University, College, private schools, literacy programs.
Canadian Hard of Hearing Association (CHHA) Scholarship Program
The purpose of the CHHA Scholarship Program is to offer financial assistance and recognition to hard of hearing and deafened students registered in a full time program at a recognized Canadian college or university, in any area of study, with the ultimate goal of obtaining a diploma or degree. Three awards of $1,000 will be granted; the CHHA Scholarship, the Frank Algar Memorial Scholarship, and the Charles A. Laszlo Scholarship.
National Bank of Canada
Bursaries and Summer Employment Program for Students with Physical or Sensory Disabilities. Under the Program, the Bank awards two $2,000 bursaries together with a paid 12-week summer job for university students and one $1,000 bursary together with a paid 10-week summer job for CEGEP students.
Canada Student Loans and Grants
The federal government's student loans and grants make it easier for Canadian students and families to obtain a post-secondary education. The Canada Student Loans Program and the Canada Student Grants Program help by providing student financial assistance in the form of loans and grants to Canadians attending post-secondary education in most provinces and territories.
NOTE: This list of Disability Scholarships for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired is a work in progress. If you know, or offer, such scholarships please contact us (top of page) so we can add the scholarship to our list.
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.