SpinLife 2016 Innovation in Motion Scholarship
Author: SpinLife : Contact: spinlife.com
Published: 2016-04-13 : (Rev. 2016-11-06)
Synopsis and Key Points:
SpinLife will award a $1,000 scholarship to the winner, and $500 gift cards for SpinLife.com to two runners-up.
SpinLife(R), the largest direct-to-consumer retailer of durable medical equipment in North America, is now accepting applications for its 2016 SpinLife Innovation in Motion Scholarship program. The competition, held annually and designed to assist college students in furthering their education, is open to manual and power wheelchair users enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university. SpinLife will award a $1,000 scholarship to the winner, and $500 gift cards for SpinLife.com to two runners-up.
The theme of the competition is "Life in Motion."
Applicants are asked to share their life experiences as a wheelchair user by writing an essay or poem, painting a picture, or using any other medium to expresses what "life in motion" means to them.
The submission must fit on one 8.5" x 11" piece of paper.
"We are so pleased to offer this scholarship program again this year, and look forward to seeing the creative ways that applicants show how much wheelchairs have enriched their lives," said Kate Rowinski, Senior Director of Customer Experience at SpinLife. "The competition underscores the fact that wheelchairs give users their mobility and independence, and that's something to celebrate."
All applicants must be at least 17 years of age, and be a legal U.S. resident or hold a valid student visa. In addition, a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 is required.
Submissions will be evaluated by a committee of SpinLife employees and advisors, and winners will be selected based on merit and creativity.
Entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2016.
SpinLife(R) is the largest direct-to-consumer, North American retailer of durable medical equipment. Since its founding in 1999, the company has built a sound reputation based on exemplary customer service, deep expertise and vast product offerings that include the top brands of manual wheelchairs, electric wheelchairs, electric mobility scooters, walkers, wheelchair and scooter lifts, and lift chairs. In addition SpinLife produces the only major national print catalog in the industry. SpinLife has earned the Gold Seal of Approval(TM) from The Joint Commission, the nation's leading accreditation organization for health care companies.
For more details and an application, please visit www.spinlife.com/scholarship/
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.