Scholarship Opportunities for Students with Disabilities in Canada
- Publish Date: 2012/12/13 - (Rev. 2016/03/27)
- Author: Lime Connect, Inc.
Outline: Outstanding scholarship opportunities for students with disabilities studying at universities in Canada.
Lime Connect and BMO are pleased to offer two outstanding scholarship opportunities for students with disabilities studying at universities in Canada. Funds are provided in support of future studies.
BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholarship (C$5,000/US$10,000)
- A current undergraduate or graduate student at a four-year university in the United States or Canada (graduate program itself, i.e., business school, may be shorter in length)
- Continuing studies as a full-time student in fall 2013 (with a minimum 40% course load)
- Pursuing a degree in business/commerce, engineering, math, physics, statistics or a related discipline
- Interested in a career in Financial Services with a focus on Capital Markets preferred
- A person with any (visible or invisible) disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
BMO Financial Group Lime Connect Scholarship and Internship Program
(C$2500 and a paid internship position as a Financial Services Manager for May - August 2013 at one of BMO's branches across Canada)
- A current undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at a four-year university or recognized college in Canada (graduate program itself, i.e., business school, may be shorter in length)
- Continuing studies as a full time student in fall 2013 with a minimum 40% course load
- Interested in pursuing a career as a Financial Services Manager at one of BMO's branches across Canada and available to work summer 2013 in an internship position
- Canadian resident eligible to legally work in Canada
- A student with any visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.
"We're delighted to partner with Lime Connect to help achieve our goal of building a more diverse workforce," said Patrick Cronin, Head of Trading Products, BMO Capital Markets. "Lime Connect is a perfect fit for our Equity Through Education program which helps people achieve their dreams by providing them with an opportunity to develop themselves through education."
Scholarships are awarded based on merit, not on financial need; and while candidates must acknowledge that they are a person with a disability, disclosure of specific details are not required. Previous scholars and previous applicants for both opportunities are encouraged to apply in 2012 if they remain eligible.
For more information, and to apply, candidates may visit www.limeconnect.com. The deadline for application submissions is midnight PST on Sunday, December 16 (3am Dec. 17th, EST).
Candidates with disabilities who are not a match for this particular scholarship are encouraged to join The Lime Network - an exclusive resource for high potential students, and alumni, with disabilities and the broader, virtual program that prepares and connects candidates for career success regardless of their geographic location. Members of The Lime Network are notified of regular recruitment receptions hosted with corporate partners, and additional scholarship and career opportunities as well as professional development webinars.
About Lime Connect: Lime Connect is leading the way as the premier resource for top talent in the disability space by attracting, preparing and connecting highly accomplished individuals with disabilities for careers with our partners, the world's leading corporations. Our goal is to break stereotypes and lead all companies to realize the importance, and value, of employing people with disabilities at every level of education, talent and ability. For more information, visit www.limeconnect.com
- 1 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students | Disabled World | 2019/01/31
- 2 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year | OneClass | 2019/06/14
- 3 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships | Eli Lilly and Company | 2015/02/03
- 4 - Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability | Through the Looking Glass | 2015/02/27
- 5 - Am I Entitled to Disability Scholarships | Disabled World | 2009/11/23