Count Me In Scholarships for Western Australians Interested in Studying Disability Services Overseas
- Publish Date: 2010/09/10
- Author: Minister for Transport; Disability Services
Outline: Count Me In Scholarships for anyone working within or interested in WA disability sector and wanting to examine world best practices in disability services.
Main DigestWest Australians interested in studying disability services overseas are being urged to apply for a scholarship from the Disability Services Commission.
Disability Services Minister Simon O'Brien said the 2010 Count Me In Scholarship program was open to anyone working within or interested in WA's disability sector and wanting to examine world's best practice in disability services.
The scholarships have been aligned with the Disability Services Commission's 15-year plan, Count Me In: Disability Future Directions.
Mr O'Brien said this year, the commission was offering three scholarships of up to $15,000 each.
"The scholarships are available for research in areas consistent with the three key priority areas of Count Me In: Disability Future Directions," he said.
They are personalized supports and services; participation and contribution; and economic and community foundations.
Applications are encouraged from staff, management or members of any organization providing services, support or advocacy to people with disability, their families and carers, but also people with an interest in the sector.
"Scholarships will be awarded on merit and the recipients will be required to share their findings with the disability sector," the Minister said.
Applications close 5pm on Friday October 1. For further information visit www.count-me-in.com.au, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 9426 9311.
- 1 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students | Disabled World | 2019/01/31
- 2 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year | OneClass | 2019/06/14
- 3 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships | Eli Lilly and Company | 2015/02/03
- 4 - Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability | Through the Looking Glass | 2015/02/27
- 5 - Am I Entitled to Disability Scholarships | Disabled World | 2009/11/23