Nurses Scholarship Program - WGU Washington
Author: WGU Washington : Contact: washington.wgu.edu
Published: 2015-03-29 : (Rev. 2016-03-27)
Synopsis and Key Points:
WGU Washington Loves Nurses Scholarship - Up to $20,000 in scholarships to nurses wishing to pursue bachelor or master degree in College of Health Professions.
To honor nurses for their commitment to high-quality healthcare delivery and to commemorate upcoming National Nurses Week, WGU Washington has announced the WGU Washington Loves Nurses Scholarship.
During the week of May 6, the state-endorsed, nonprofit university will award up to $20,000 in scholarships to motivated nurses who wish to pursue a bachelor's or master's degree in its College of Health Professions.
Last year, James Ramponi, a nurse from Silverdale, was among WGU Washington's scholarship honorees during National Nurses Week. James enrolled in the university's CCNE-accredited Master of Leadership and Management degree program.
"The skills I'm gaining from WGU Washington are already helping me to be an effective healthcare professional and leader," says Ramponi. "In my career, I have always been driven by a desire for excellence and a desire to serve. My degree program helps me be my best in an incredibly important and rewarding industry."
Ramponi says, because of the knowledge and skills he's gaining from WGU Washington, he's already earned a promotion at work. He is one of more than a thousand working nurses across the state currently enrolled in - and actively pursuing better professional futures through - a WGU Washington degree program.
WGU Washington's online programs are competency-based, making them ideal for working health professionals hoping to advance their careers. That innovative learning model lets students apply their prior work experience and academic knowledge to complete their program requirements. As a result, students may accelerate through subject matter and shorten their time to graduation.
WGU Washington's degree programs are flexible and terms begin on the first day of any month. Students are able to schedule their studies around their busy lives.
Each WGU Washington Loves Nurses Scholarship is valued at up to $2,000. Eligible applicants must be a licensed RN, complete an application for admission to WGU Washington, complete the scholarship application, which includes an essay on "How my education at WGU Washington will make me a more effective nurse," and participate in an interview with a WGU Washington scholarship counselor. Though a number of scholarships will be awarded, this scholarship is competitive; recipients will be selected based on their academic record, readiness for online study at WGU Washington, and other considerations.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is April 30, 2015.
For more information about the WGU Washington Loves Nurses Scholarship, please visit: washington.wgu.edu/wgulovesnurses
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.