Glyphosate: Claims against Monsanto for 'Farmer's Cancer'
Author: Domina Law Group pc llo : Contact: dominalaw.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
Studies of occupational exposure to Glyphosate report increased risks for non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, Hairy Cell Leukemia, and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.
Farmers Diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Take Action - Domina Law Group will be investigating these cases for farmers throughout Nebraska and across the country.
Glyphosate is a broad-spectrum systemic herbicide and an organophosphorus compound, specifically a phosphonate. It is used to kill weeds, especially annual broadleaf weeds and grasses that compete with crops. It was discovered to be an herbicide by Monsanto chemist John E. Franz in 1970. Monsanto brought it to market in 1974 under the trade name Roundup.
On July 29, 2015, the World Health Organization (WHO), through the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), issued a new assessment for the herbicide Glyphosate, with particular focus on agricultural exposure. IARC classified Glyphosate as "probably carcinogenic to humans." Other herbicides containing Glyphosate are Rodeo®, Aquaneat®, and Aquastar®.
Glyphosate is the active ingredient in Roundup®, made by Monsanto.
Monsanto created the chemical Glyphosate. Case control studies of occupational exposure to Glyphosate in the US, Canada, and Sweden report increased risks for non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL), Multiple Myeloma (MM), Hairy Cell Leukemia (HCL), and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL).Among those most at risk for this exposure are farm workers.
The ways workers are exposed include:
Dermal: when Roundup® touches your skin from either direct application or residue from aerial spraying.
Inhalation: when you breathe Roundup® when working in fields where Roundup® is being sprayed, or when performing the application.
Ingestion: when you breathe in and ingest Roundup® during application.
For Nebraska farmers diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma more than four (4) years ago, the time to file your case to recover for your cancer may expire on July 29, 2016 or sooner.
For individuals diagnosed within the past four (4) years your claim may expire on the fourth (4th) anniversary of your diagnosis.
This means depending upon the exact date of diagnosis an individual's ability to recover could be expiring today. Farmers and anyone who may have been exposed to Glyphosate are urged to protect themselves and inquire about possible claims.
"Claims against Monsanto for 'Farmer's Cancer' have been many years in the making and it has not been a matter of if, but rather when," stated Dave Domina who represents farmers with non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.
It is alleged Monsanto knew or should have known of Roundup®'s probable cancer causing properties and should have but failed to properly warn farmers of the risks.
Domina Law Group pc llo and Weitz Luxenberg pc are forming the consortium to investigate and develop these cases for farmers throughout Nebraska and across the country.
For more information, visit www.dominalaw.com/Monsanto-Roundup
- 1 - ADA and COVID-19 Fraudulent Face Mask Flyers : USDOJ-Office of Public Affairs (2020/07/01)
- 2 - Coronavirus Pandemic: COVID-19 Updates and Statistics : Disabled World (2020/01/31)
- 3 - Food Labelled Gluten Free May Still Contain Gluten : The University of Western Australia (2016/10/03)
- 4 - First Candida Auris Cases Reported in United States : Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (2016/11/05)
- 5 - Yellow Fever Outbreak on Brink of Going Global : Save the Children (2016/08/17)
- 6 - Thermal Paper Cash Register Receipts Causing High BPA Levels in Humans : University of Missouri (2017/05/10)
- 7 - Important Safety Tips and Guidelines for Halloween : Disabled World (2019/10/23)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.