Quake Kare Kits Make Disaster Preparedness Easier
Author: Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis : Contact: lhbindustries.com
Published: 2017-01-22 : (Rev. 2018-03-15)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Quake Kare helps minimize stress of disaster preparedness for individuals, families, schools and businesses.
New Quake Kare Website Makes Disaster Preparedness Easier for People and Organizations - Quake Kare, a top provider of emergency survival kits, has launched a new website to help minimize the stress of disaster preparedness for individuals, families, schools and businesses nationwide.
"The inability to predict where and when disasters may occur makes it crucial for people and organizations to prepare for emergencies with reliable products and expert guidelines that can help save lives," said Brittney Bettonville of Quake Kare, which is owned by the not-for-profit Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis.
"Our new website provides free emergency preparedness guidelines and describes our spectrum of emergency survival kits that help people survive hurricanes, tornadoes, lockdowns, terrorist acts and other disasters that can occur anytime, anywhere," Bettonville said.
"As a not-for-profit organization, Quake Kare specializes in reducing the stress of disaster preparedness as an experienced source of dependable, affordable products that help people when emergencies occur," she said.
"Our new website simplifies the process of preparing homes, offices, vehicles and classrooms for unexpected emergencies by offering pre-assembled and customized survival kits containing everything people may need during and after a disaster. All can be ordered for packing and shipping directly through the website."
Two new emergency survival products are shown on Quake Kare's new website in addition to the company's inventory of more than 100 pre-assembled and customized kits.
The Two New Products Are:
ER Blood Stopper Kit
The ER™ Blood Stopper Kit containing critical medical supplies for treatment of moderate to severe uncontrolled bleeding caused by penetrating wounds. This kit enables ordinary people to deliver life-saving treatment to an injured victim until EMS can arrive on scene. It includes color-coded instructions and an instructional/training video.
The ER Blood Stopper Kit containing critical medical supplies for treatment of moderate to severe uncontrolled bleeding caused by penetrating wounds.
ER™ Search and Rescue Kit
The ER™ Search and Rescue Kit is a four person emergency kit containing recommended emergency tools and supplies in the event of a partial or complete collapse of a structure. Its contents support:
- Searching for survival victims
- Rescuing survival victims
- Providing medical assistance
- Emergency shelter
The ER Search and Rescue Kit is a four person emergency kit containing recommended emergency tools and supplies in the event of a partial or complete collapse of a structure.
All Quake Kare products shown on the new website are described and illustrated in detail. Two of the most popular survival kits available via the website are Quake Kare's Family Survival Kit and School Lockdown Kit.
"We now receive many requests from school officials through our website for our Safety Lockdown Container Survival Kit," said Brian Houser of Quake Kare.
With necessary emergency supplies for up to 72 hours, Quake Kare's Safety Lockdown Container Survival Kit is equipped for use in classrooms and homes. It contains emergency food, water, lighting, first-aid, a portable toilet, and shelter supplies, as well as a solar / hand-crank powered flashlight; weather band radio; and a USB device charger that never needs batteries to charge smartphones and other USB devices.
"Many people do not have a disaster plan in place. Given the uncertain environment that we live in today, it is crucial for people and organizations to prepare for surviving unexpected emergencies, whether natural or man-made," said Houser.
Quake Kare is owned by Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis, also known as LHB Industries, Inc. The Lighthouse is a non-profit 501(c)3 enterprise that helps children and adults who are visually impaired maintain dignity and independence by offering employment, education and support services.
All Quake Kare sales revenue directly supports Lighthouse service programs for people who are blind or visually impaired in Missouri and Southwestern Illinois.
The Lighthouse currently employs 48 people who are legally blind in two manufacturing plants in St. Louis County, Missouri, to assemble, pack and ship Quake Kare survival kits and many other products for consumer, corporate and government customers.
For Quake Kare product information, see the website https://www.quakekare.com or contact Brittney Bettonville at800.542.3697 or 314.423.4333.
For details about Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis services and programs, call800.542.3697 or 314.423.4333 or visit the website or www.lhbindustries.com
- 1: What to Do if You Are Stuck in an Elevator : National Elevator Industry Inc. (NEII) (2016/01/19)
- 2: NIST Study Provides Voice for Evacuation Needs of Mobility Impaired : National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) (2016/08/26)
- 3: Overseas Emergency Services Phone Numbers : Disabled World (2018/12/19)
- 4: Underlying Medical Conditions That Increase Risk of Serious COVID-19 Illness for All Ages : Disabled World (2020/03/13)
- 5: Preparing for Natural Disaster for People with Disabilities and Other Special Needs : Excerpted by Brittney Bettonville - Lighthouse for the Blind - Saint Louis (2018/12/22)
- 6: 211 Assistance Services in Canada and U.S. : Disabled World (2012/06/08)
- 7: Wildfires: Before, During and After the Crisis : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2012/07/02)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.