Preventing Future Tornado Damage In Tuscaloosa
Synopsis and Key Points:
Free consultations with FEMA advisers at Home Depot Lowes and Walmart stores in the Tuscaloosa area.
Main DigestThe Federal Emergency Management Agency is now offering free consultations with FEMA advisers at Home Depot, Lowe's and Walmart stores in the Tuscaloosa area.
These FEMA advisers will be on hand at display tables to answer questions and offer home improvement tips and proven techniques to prevent and lessen damage from future disasters. Most of the information is geared for do-it-yourself work and building contractors.
Also, if you're thinking of building a safe room, literature is available about the best options. Safe rooms built to FEMA specifications have saved thousands of lives.
Advisers will be available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. They will be visiting additional stores in the near future. Dates will be announced.
Advisers are currently staffing the following locations:
Tuscaloosa County Home Depot 1601 13th Ave. E. Tuscaloosa
Lowe's 5703 McFarland Blvd. Northport
Walmart 1501 Skyland Blvd. E. Tuscaloosa
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA ( 3362 ). For TTY call 800-462-7585.
The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.
FEMA's temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.
- 1: What to Do if You Are Stuck in an Elevator : National Elevator Industry Inc. (NEII) (2016/01/19)
- 2: NIST Study Provides Voice for Evacuation Needs of Mobility Impaired : National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) (2016/08/26)
- 3: Overseas Emergency Services Phone Numbers : Disabled World (2018/12/19)
- 4: Underlying Medical Conditions That Increase Risk of Serious COVID-19 Illness for All Ages : Disabled World (2020/03/13)
- 5: Preparing for Natural Disaster for People with Disabilities and Other Special Needs : Excerpted by Brittney Bettonville - Lighthouse for the Blind - Saint Louis (2018/12/22)
- 6: 211 Assistance Services in Canada and U.S. : Disabled World (2012/06/08)
- 7: Wildfires: Before, During and After the Crisis : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2012/07/02)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.