New Australian Website to Support Jobs for Disabled
Published: 2009-04-24 : (Rev. 2010-07-09)
Australian Disability Enterprises website will help boost employment opportunities for people with disability.
Main DigestA new Australian Disability Enterprises website will help boost employment opportunities for people with disability by linking disability enterprises with businesses wanting to purchase their products or services.
The website was launched today in Melbourne by Parliamentary Secretary for Disabilities and Children's Services Bill Shorten who said Australia's 600 Disability Enterprises employed 20,000 people with disability.
Australian Disability Enterprises are commercial businesses that provide employment for people with disability and operate across a wide range of industries, from design, printing and packaging to manufacturing, laundry and landscaping.
"These Enterprises deliver training, skills development and employment support to workers with disability and should be supported and encouraged by government, business and the community," Mr Shorten said.
"Our work gives us a sense of meaning and of making a contribution to society. It is important that people with disability are able to gain these benefits and ADEs allow them to.
"The Australian Government has recently made some changes to ensure that it can increase its purchasing of products and services produced by Australian Disability Enterprises, and I encourage others to get on board."
"To ensure the ongoing success of Australian Disability Enterprises, this new website will help potential customers in accessing up-to-date information about products and services available.
www.australiandisabilityenterprises.com.au makes purchasing from Australian Disability Enterprises quick and easy.
"Purchasing from these Enterprises will support the ongoing employment of people with disability by building a stronger services sector," Mr Shorten said.
"We can all play a part in building a more socially inclusive Australia by purchasing from an Australian Disability Enterprise - it's more than just good business."
- 1 - Jobseeker - Not-For-Profit and Government Jobs in Australia : Disabled World (2009/05/12)
- 2 - Employment Model for People with Autism : Minister for Human Services (2015/02/11)
- 3 - Workplace Bullying - Australian Employment Law : Frank Egan - LAC Lawyers (2009/01/04)
- 4 - Australian Employment Website - EthicalJobs : Michael Cebon (2009/07/08)
- 5 - Disabled Adult Self Employment Education and Business Opportunities Australia and SE Asia : David Bedwell Director OBVIUS ACCESS (2012/05/09)
- 6 - Australian Employment Law - Unfair Dismissal : Frank Egan - LAC Lawyers (2009/01/04)
- 7 - Coffs Harbour Employment Opportunities for Paid Care Staff : carecareers (2011/04/11)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.