Income Despite Disability: Working From Home Ideas
Author: Caylee Shea : Contact: Disabled World
Published: 2017-01-04 : (Rev. 2020-03-15)
Living with disabilities provides many challenges and emotional pain. Caylee Shea provides a number of home based employment options for people with disabilities.
- I am not a burden. You are not a burden. We are just 'delightful weirdos' with eccentric bodies. Our bodies don't always function properly, but we don't give up!
- Throughout the years of being ill I have compiled a list of ideas for us that can't physically do the typical 9 to 5.
I can't work! My backs too sore, my belts too tight, my booty shakes from the left to the right! From the left... to the right! From the left, to the right, to the left, to the right! Haha (that is part of a camp song)
Living with disabilities provides many challenges and emotional pain. Despite reminding myself every day that I am still valuable, those moments creep in and the little voices in my head fill me with doubt... am I a burden?
Well tell those voices to go take a nap!
I am not a burden. You are not a burden. We are just 'delightful weirdos' with eccentric bodies. Our bodies don't always function properly, but we don't give up!
But... wouldn't it be nice if we could bring in a little extra income? I mean, this is going to be The BEST Year yet, right??
So, let's make some cash-o-la!
Throughout the years of being ill I have compiled a list of ideas for us that can't physically do the typical 9 to 5. So, check it out and let me know what you think! Also, if you have any additional ideas, please do comment below!
For the artistic and crafty! - This is a website you can sell your crafts online! And, it was created by someone with disabilities and made for people with disabilities! Check it out: www.consciouscrafties.com
Woman holding handful of money
For at-home employment!
Try a job in customer service, technical support, quality control or many others. Check out:
Search Engine Evaluator: $9 to $10 an hour
Survey Taker: Make $1 to $50 per survey
Website Tester: Can pay $10 to $15 per test
For the ambitious!
Become an entrepreneur and start your own company! Here are some ideas:
- Virtual Assistant- start your own company that helps other local businesses with paperwork, phone calls and other online needs. Call local companies and see if they are in need of an assistant or help with their website.
Virtual Tutor - You can start your own company or check out one these employers:
If you have many interests and want to make a company including all of them, don't settle! Check out this website for how to start your own company while including ALL of your talents:
Sell items you don't use anymore with one of these APPs:
Check out these websites:
Apply for Disability Benefit
Also, if you haven't applied yet, try applying for Disability.
I know it isn't right, but not all disabilities "qualify".
But check it out and apply! www.ssa.gov (Know that the majority of people that apply for disability are denied on the first attempt. In fact, I was denied back when I first applied. You must appeal their decision and keep trying. I did receive disability after appealing their decision and applying again.)
Depending on your level of Physical ability, consider one of these:
- Drive for UBER or LYFT
- Become an AVON Rep
If you're interested in going back to school, but seek something less physically demanding:
- Graphic Designer
- Telephone Nurse
- Virtual Tutor
Check out this website for other career ideas: www.trade-schools.net/careers-for-people/who-are-disabled.asp
Please Do Be Cautious of Scams
AVOID any website that sounds too good to be true such as: if they require a fee to start, if there are complaints online when you research them, or if the website has no contact information. Caylee Shea is a regular contributer to Disabled World.
- 1 - Income Despite Disability: Working From Home Ideas : Caylee Shea (2017/01/04)
- 2 - Finding Freelance Work Writing and Proofreading : Julia Derby (2010/08/23)
- 3 - Work at Home Internet Jobs - Scams to Watch Out For : Julia Derby (2010/08/24)
- 4 - Making Money with Your Home Computer : Julia Derby (2010/08/22)
- 5 - Starting a Business From Home : Julia Derby (2010/08/23)
- 6 - Tips on Starting a Successful Home Business : Julia Derby (2010/08/23)
- 7 - Work From Home Ideas - Pet Sitting - Dog Walking : Julia Derby (2010/08/23)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.