Best Jobs for Disabled People
Published : 2014-11-04 - Updated : 2020-11-30
Author : CareerCast - Contact: disability.careercast.com
🛈 Synopsis : CareerCast identifies some of the best careers for job seekers with disabilities, such as accountant, physician assistant and statistician. Through legislative efforts, employers are required to provide otherwise qualified candidates with reasonable accommodations to allow them an employment position. Employers are increasingly seeing the value of candidates with disabilities regardless of the new hiring requirements.
In a new report, CareerCast identifies some of the best careers for job seekers with disabilities, such as Accountant, Physician Assistant and Statistician. Other in-demand jobs that are attractive to disabled candidates include Computer Support Specialist, Management Consultant, Market Research Analyst, Pharmaceutical Sales and Vocational Counselor.
Since the "Final Rule" of Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act took effect this year, many more hiring companies are actively seeking out candidates with disabilities.
CareerCast, created by Adicio, is a job search portal that offers extensive local, niche and national job listings from across North America; job-hunting, career-management and HR-focused editorial content; and videos and blogs; and provides recruiters with the ability to post jobs directly to more than 800 niche career sites. CareerCast also compiles the Jobs Rated Report, where 200 jobs across North America are ranked based on detailed analysis of specific careers factors.
Through legislative efforts on both the federal and state levels, employers are required to provide otherwise qualified candidates with reasonable accommodations to allow them an employment position.
"Demand is pouring in as a result, and the numbers of newly hired candidates with disabilities will only continue to climb as new tracking measures are implemented next year," says Tony Lee, publisher, CareerCast. "And the new hires aren't limited to specific types of disabled applicants: the spectrum of employers that are hiring is as diverse as the candidates being hired."
Employers are increasingly seeing the value of candidates with disabilities regardless of the new hiring requirements. Some of that value comes from life experience, which makes these candidates ideal for businesses reaching out to the nation's vast population with disabilities.
Best Jobs forPeople with Disabilities
- Average Annual Salary: $63,550
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 13%
Computer Support Specialist
- Average Annual Salary: $48,900
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 17%
- Average Annual Salary: $78,600
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 19%
Market Research Analyst
- Average Annual Salary: $60,300
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 32%
- Average Annual Salary: $57,870
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 9%
- Average Annual Salary: $90,930
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 38%
- Average Annual Salary: $75,560
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 27%
- Average Annual Salary: $53,610
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 12%
Source/Reference: CareerCast (disability.careercast.com). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
Related Job Descriptions Documents
- 1: Best Jobs for Disabled People : CareerCast identifies some of the best careers for job seekers with disabilities, such as accountant, physician assistant and statistician.
- 2: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Employment Description : The position of a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Home Health Aide is a critical element to a variety of medical and health care-related organizations.
- 3: Nursing Ranked Most Honest and Ethical Profession : For the past 13 years, the public has voted nurses as the most honest and ethical profession in America in the Gallup poll.
- 4: Speech Pathology Job Description : A speech pathologist or a speech therapist treats individuals grappling with communication problems associated with the voice fluency language and speech.
- 5: Careers in Health Care - What They Offer for Students with Disabilities : Most of the jobs in health care are covered by the ADA so health care careers offer a unique opportunity to students with disabilities.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: CareerCast. Electronic Publication Date: 2014-11-04 - Revised: 2020-11-30. Title: Best Jobs for Disabled People, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/employment/jobs/candidates.php>Best Jobs for Disabled People</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-12, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/employment/jobs/candidates.php - Reference: DW#220-10776.