Best Jobs for Candidates With Disabilities
- Publish Date: 2014/11/04 - (Rev. 2016/06/11)
- Author: CareerCast
- Contact : disability.careercast.com
Outline: CareerCast identifies some of the best careers for job seekers with disabilities, such as Accountant, Physician Assistant and Statistician.
Since the "Final Rule" of Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act took effect this year, many more hiring companies are actively seeking out candidates with disabilities.
In a new report, CareerCast identifies some of the best careers for job seekers with disabilities, such as Accountant, Physician Assistant and Statistician. Other in-demand jobs that are attractive to disabled candidates include Computer Support Specialist, Management Consultant, Market Research Analyst, Pharmaceutical Sales and Vocational Counselor.
CareerCast, created by Adicio, is a job search portal that offers extensive local, niche and national job listings from across North America; job-hunting, career-management and HR-focused editorial content; and videos and blogs; and provides recruiters with the ability to post jobs directly to more than 800 niche career sites. CareerCast also compiles the Jobs Rated Report (www.jobsrated.com), where 200 jobs across North America are ranked based on detailed analysis of specific careers factors.
Through legislative efforts on both the federal and state levels, employers are required to provide otherwise qualified candidates with reasonable accommodations to allow them an employment position.
"Demand is pouring in as a result, and the numbers of newly hired candidates with disabilities will only continue to climb as new tracking measures are implemented next year," says Tony Lee, publisher, CareerCast. "And the new hires aren't limited to specific types of disabled applicants: the spectrum of employers that are hiring is as diverse as the candidates being hired."
Employers are increasingly seeing the value of candidates with disabilities regardless of the new hiring requirements. Some of that value comes from life experience, which makes these candidates ideal for businesses reaching out to the nation's vast population with disabilities.
CareerCast's Best Jobs for Disabled:
- Average Annual Salary: $63,550
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 13%
Computer Support Specialist
- Average Annual Salary: $48,900
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 17%
- Average Annual Salary: $78,600
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 19%
Market Research Analyst
- Average Annual Salary: $60,300
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 32%
- Average Annual Salary: $57,870
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 9%
- Average Annual Salary: $90,930
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 38%
- Average Annual Salary: $75,560
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 27%
- Average Annual Salary: $53,610
- BLS Projected Growth by 2020: 12%
To see the full report, go to disability.careercast.com/article/best-jobs-people-disablities-2014
- 1 - Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Employment Description | Michael A. Morales (2009/02/19)
- 2 - Nursing Ranked Most Honest and Ethical Profession | American Nurses Association (2014/12/22)
- 3 - Speech Pathology Job Description | John Stephen (2010/09/30)
- 4 - Careers in Health Care - What They Offer for Students with Disabilities | Rebecca Broyce (2010/12/15)
- 5 - How to Become a Medical Transcriptionist Guide | Jason Trusler (2009/02/06)