DirectEmployers Association Supports Obama's Commitment To Employing America's Veterans
Author: DirectEmployers Association
Synopsis and Key Points:
DirectEmployers Association provides an online program to help veterans find jobs this platform is a .jobs Military Crosswalk customized for hiring companies worldwide.
Main DigestDirectEmployers Association recognizes that our veterans bring leadership skills, a sense of teamwork, as well as a commitment to succeed.
Continuing efforts to help get our military veterans back to work, the Association has partnered with Code for America in creating the Veterans Employment Platform offering an online military skills translator for employers across the country.
The Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), an organization within the Department of Defense, has awarded DirectEmployers Association with an "Above and Beyond" award in recognition of the company's "outstanding service and continuing support" of U.S. defense efforts.
"DirectEmployers Association recognizes that our veterans bring leadership skills, a sense of teamwork, as well as a commitment to succeed," states Bill Warren, Executive Director for DirectEmployers Association. "We are honored to continue a long history of supporting this very well deserved military community of our nation's heroes."
DirectEmployers Association also provides an online program to help veterans find jobs. This platform is a .jobs Military Crosswalk customized for hiring companies worldwide. Member companies AT&T, Camber Corporation, Providence Health & Services, and Conoco-Phillips are the first to pilot this platform.
Veterans seeking employment can visit the following websites to locate wide variety of opportunities: www.Veterans.jobs; att-veterans.jobs; camber-veterans.jobs; providence-veterans.jobs; conocophillips-veterans.jobs
Many more of these corporate websites with private sector jobs will be available in the near future.
Visit the White House website for President Obama's press release:
About DirectEmployers Association - DirectEmployers Association, Inc. is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit, 600 plus member employer association. As provided in its corporate bylaws, a board of directors consisting of member company representatives manages the business and affairs of the Association. Daily operations are managed by an executive director and operations staff at the direction of the president and board of directors. Its mission is to provide employers an employment network that is cost-effective, improves labor market efficiency and reaches an ethnically diverse national workforce. For more news and information, please visit www.DirectEmployers.org
www.Veterans.jobs -Veterans.jobs assists military personnel in transitioning from active duty to employment opportunities in the civilian workforce. Using the Military Crosswalk, Veterans can enter their military occupation plus the .jobs suffix to find relevant civilian jobs. Examples: www.42F.jobs; www.25B.jobs; www.2891.jobs
- 1 - EEOC Issues Regulations on US Government Obligation to Engage in Affirmative Action for People with Disabilities : U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (2017/01/03)
- 2 - Filing Employment Discrimination Complaint with U.S. EEOC : Disabled World (2019/02/14)
- 3 - COVID-19 Recession Hits Workers with Disability Harder : Kessler Foundation (2020/05/10)
- 4 - Military Veterans Should Consider Federal Employment : Barbara Adams (2009/02/06)
- 5 - 2019 Statistics Reveal Strong Job Gains for Disabled Americans : Kessler Foundation (2019/07/09)
- 6 - 2019 Report on U.S. Disability Employment Rate by State : RespectAbility (2019/02/16)
- 7 - New Perspective on Disability Employment Podcast : Disability Employment Awareness Month (2010/10/05)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.