Disability Employment Portal Announces New Employer Members
Author: GettingHired, LLC
Synopsis and Key Points:
25 Additional National Employers Join Getting Hired National Consortium to Promote Hiring of People with Disabilities.
Main DigestGettingHired.com, Nation's Largest Disability Employment Portal, Announces New Employer Members - 25 Additional National Employers Join GettingHired.com's National Consortium to Promote Hiring of People with Disabilities.
GettingHired.com, the nation's largest disability employment portal, announced the signings of 25 additional national employers including General Dynamics, Harris Corporation, Raytheon, Hyundai Kia America, John Deere, MassMutual, National Grid and Zurich North America. GettingHired.com's Employer partners are seeking qualified workers and they are committed to considering people with disabilities for all of their open positions.
GettingHired, LLC Chief Executive Officer Thomas Capato stated, "We are very excited and pleased to welcome our new members to the hundreds of other national employers we are working with to promote/increase the hiring of people with disabilities. People with Disabilities continue to be the most underemployed people in the country. A recent Harris Poll cited that among all working-age people with disabilities, only 21% stated they were employed part-time or full-time as compared with 59% of working-age people without disabilities."
Mr. Capato went on to say, "GettingHired.com's National Consortium of the USA's largest employers, disability service providers, advocacy and veterans groups, universities and colleges, government agencies and business alliances act as a hub to provide and coordinate workforce preparation, disability employment education, career advice, university outreach, peer mentoring and job opportunities to people with disabilities in a positive, fully 508-compliant, pro-disability, socially networked environment. As part of our full-service commitment to our members, we bring talented people with disabilities to the attention of national employers for equal consideration in their hiring process."
About GettingHired, LLC -GettingHired, LLC is a software and services organization focused on creating employment opportunities for people with disabilities and helping employers find talented employees. The company is well-known for its national employment and social networking portal GettingHired.com - Careers and Community for Talented People with Disabilities.
- 1 - EEOC Issues Regulations on US Government Obligation to Engage in Affirmative Action for People with Disabilities : U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (2017/01/03)
- 2 - Filing Employment Discrimination Complaint with U.S. EEOC : Disabled World (2019/02/14)
- 3 - COVID-19 Recession Hits Workers with Disability Harder : Kessler Foundation (2020/05/10)
- 4 - Military Veterans Should Consider Federal Employment : Barbara Adams (2009/02/06)
- 5 - 2019 Statistics Reveal Strong Job Gains for Disabled Americans : Kessler Foundation (2019/07/09)
- 6 - 2019 Report on U.S. Disability Employment Rate by State : RespectAbility (2019/02/16)
- 7 - New Perspective on Disability Employment Podcast : Disability Employment Awareness Month (2010/10/05)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.