Raleigh Call Center Provides Jobs for People Who are Blind
- Publish Date: 2010/11/29
- Author: National Industries for the Blind
Outline: RLCB is celebrating the opening of a new call center facility that is providing employment for people who are blind.
Main DigestRLCB (formerly Raleigh Lions Clinic for the Blind) is celebrating the opening of a new call center facility that is providing employment for people who are blind.
The call center is a state-of-the-art facility staffed by well qualified and trained employees who are blind.
"RLCB offers a turn-key call center operation for small or large businesses throughout the United States," said RLCB CEO Janet Griffey. "The employees at this location handle short-term and long-term projects with great results. One client seeking to increase its membership base experienced a 400% return on investment using our call center."
National Industries for the Blind (NIB) recently selected the RLCB call center to handle national calls for its SKILCRAFT® products sold through the AbilityOne Program to federal agencies and the U.S. Department of Defense. The call center also handles customer fulfillment including catalog requests and distribution of brochures and sales collateral.
"This call center is a great asset that is helping nearly 500 distributors, most of which are small businesses selling SKILCRAFT products throughout the federal government," said Kevin A. Lynch, president and CEO, National Industries for the Blind. "We expect to see the call center create more new jobs locally, and as SKILCRAFT sales increase through the call center's telemarketing services, these sales will help sustain and create jobs for nearly 6,000 blind employees nationwide who produce SKILCRAFT products and services."
As this program grows, it will also have a positive impact on the local economy in Raleigh.
"The call center at RLCB represents the type of sustainable jobs Raleigh wants to attract to our community. As the call center grows it will add good paying jobs for people who are blind and help preserve a high quality of life for our residents," said Charles Meeker, Mayor, Raleigh, North Carolina.
About National Industries for the Blind -At National Industries for the Blind (NIB), it is our mission to enhance the opportunities for economic and personal independence of persons who are blind, primarily through creating, sustaining and improving employment. NIB and 89 associated agencies serve as the largest employer for people who are blind by the sale of SKILCRAFT® products and services through the AbilityOne Program, established by the Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act. www.nib.org
About RLCB (Raleigh Lions Clinic for the Blind) -RLCB's mission is to empower people who are blind and visually impaired through employment opportunities and services to achieve social and economic equality. Jobs are provided through RLCB, Inc., a North Carolina based diverse textile manufacturer, distributor and business services provider. Its business units provide textile manufacturing services; pick, pack and ship distribution services; and comprehensive, multi-media contact center business services. www.rlcb.net
- 1 - Military Veterans Should Consider Federal Employment | Barbara Adams | 2009/02/06
- 2 - 2019 Statistics Reveal Strong Job Gains for Disabled Americans | Kessler Foundation | 2019/07/09
- 3 - Filing Employment Discrimination Complaint with U.S. EEOC | Disabled World | 2019/02/14
- 4 - 2019 Report on U.S. Disability Employment Rate by State | RespectAbility | 2019/02/16
- 5 - New Perspective on Disability Employment Podcast | Disability Employment Awareness Month | 2010/10/05
- 6 - Jeffco Subcontracting - A Special Place for Disabled to Earn a Paycheck in Arnold, Missouri | Jeff Dunlap for the City of Arnold, Missouri | 2018/12/04
- 7 - Employment Opportunities for U.S. Veterans at Customs and Border Protection | U.S. Customs and Border Protection | 2017/06/10
- 8 - Jobs for People with Disabilities | Disabled World | 2009/08/03
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media