RHA Howell Employment Resources for People with Disability
Author: RHA Howell, Inc.
Synopsis and Key Points:
RHA Howell is a primary employment resource in North Carolina for people with disabilities.
Main DigestRHA Howell Makes White House List of Resources for People with Disabilities. The North Carolina non-profit is included on the website Disability.gov
The White House has listed RHA Howell, Inc., as a primary employment resource in North Carolina for people with disabilities on its dedicated website www.Disability.gov.
RHA Howell is a statewide, non-profit organization that provides a host of services to help people with disabilities and their families make choices to live more independently.
Among those services are vocational rehabilitation facilities, the Supported Employment Network (SENET) for people with disabilities and the businesses that hire them, employment services under the Social Security Administration's Ticket-to-Work program, residential services for children and adults, and "Bridges" a community alternative program for children.
Disability.gov offers the public access to information on a variety of topics, from finding employment, financial aid and housing, to laws that protect the rights of people with disabilities. As part of the sites service to people with disabilities, it lists organizations, by state, that provide these services. RHA Howell is one of the selected 20 organizations listed at www.disability.gov/state/north_carolina/employment.
"People with disabilities have the same dreams as everyone else," said RHA Howell president Sam Hedrick. "They want to work. They want to earn the same wages for the same work as everyone else. They want to secure employment that provides benefits, and they want to be considered for opportunities to advance in their careers. We believe that everyone who wants to work ought to have the opportunity to work - to find and retain gainful employment, given the appropriate supports."
About RHA Howell, Inc. - RHA Howell is a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that has been helping people with disabilities and special needs, and their families, make choices to live more independently for nearly 40 years.
Integrity, high standards for quality and hard work are at the core of every RHA Howell disability assistance program. Proven leaders in caring for people, RHA Howell, Inc. is a pioneering force in the field of human services, particularly supporting infants and children. For more information about RHA Howell, visit www.rhahowell.org For specific information on SENET, visit rhasenet.org
- 1 - EEOC Issues Regulations on US Government Obligation to Engage in Affirmative Action for People with Disabilities : U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (2017/01/03)
- 2 - Filing Employment Discrimination Complaint with U.S. EEOC : Disabled World (2019/02/14)
- 3 - COVID-19 Recession Hits Workers with Disability Harder : Kessler Foundation (2020/05/10)
- 4 - Military Veterans Should Consider Federal Employment : Barbara Adams (2009/02/06)
- 5 - 2019 Statistics Reveal Strong Job Gains for Disabled Americans : Kessler Foundation (2019/07/09)
- 6 - 2019 Report on U.S. Disability Employment Rate by State : RespectAbility (2019/02/16)
- 7 - New Perspective on Disability Employment Podcast : Disability Employment Awareness Month (2010/10/05)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.