Debt Relief Grants for People with Disability
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2010-07-12 : (Rev. 2019-03-30)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Discusses a number of grant options for persons with disabilities and the ill to get out of debt such as credit card debts.
Being disabled, or living with a sick or a disabled person, often takes its toll on a person's finances. And with the current downturns the economy has been taking, there it is no wonder that we have huge credit card debts because of the expenses we make for the care of these members of the household. But before you seek any form of debt assistance, you can avail of government relief grants reserved for the disabled and the sick.
There are various benefits governments have for its disabled citizens.
These benefits vary on a number of factors, such as the date of disability, age of the person, and level of income.
While the majority of these benefits are basic services in nature, some come through forms of funding, which can help you with your finances and boost you chance to clear and/or reduce credit card debt.
Services like Medicare, legal representation, and other essential services are often given to disabled people for free.
That means you can save your money for other important matters such as food, shelter, and bills including your debt.
And then there is also financial assistance that comes from Social Security, which can definitely help augment your finances.
Students with disabilities can apply for college scholarships and other government relief grants that will be able to help them continue their education.
College students are among the world's leading demographic when it comes to credit card debt. Such benefit eases the burden on parents' finances with regards to the academic needs of disabled students.
For people who can no longer practice their profession due to a disability, the government can offer other job options that will suit the existing faculties and skills of the person.
Even if you are disabled and no longer capable of working your past job prior to your disability, the government can assist you in searching for a job that will suit you. If you have debts in your name, you'll be glad to hear that you can still earn and settle them with or without credit card debt assistance.
There are various benefits for people with disabilities.
If you are disabled, or living with a person with a disability, then it is high time that you apply for government relief and benefits. This will greatly boost your financial standings, especially if you are overwhelmed with credit card debt.
- 1 - Why Your Credit Rating Score Is So Important : Insurance Information Institute (2014/08/22)
- 2 - Government Disability Grants Information and Websites : Disabled World (2009/02/06)
- 3 - Student Loan Discharge Process for Disabled Veterans Made Easier : U.S. Department of Education (2018/04/17)
- 4 - Disability Housing and Home Loans for Disabled Americans : Disabled World (2009/02/06)
- 5 - US Veteran Home Loans and Tax Benefits : Disabled World (2009/02/06)
- 6 - World's Largest Autism Grant Will Transform ASD Research : King's College London (2018/06/18)
- 7 - USDA Announces Funding to Support People with Disabilities in Agriculture : National Institute of Food and Agriculture (2017/01/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.