$1.85M in Funding Available to Improve Employment for People with Disabilities
Published : 2014-06-26
Author : U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy - Contact: McGinnis.Laura.K@dol.gov or Mejia.Tania@dol.gov
🛈 Synopsis : ODEP announces funding to manage and operate National Employer Policy, Research and Technical Assistance Center on employment of people with disabilities.
Main DigestThe U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy today announced the availability of $1,850,000 to fund a cooperative agreement to manage and operate the National Employer Policy, Research and Technical Assistance Center on the Employment of People with Disabilities.
The center will increase the commitment and capacity of employers to recruit, hire, retain and advance people with disabilities by:
- Analyzing employer research, policies and practices related to disability employment;
- Researching effective employer engagement strategies;
- Developing and providing outreach and technical assistance to targeted employers, such as federal agencies, federal contractors, small businesses and state governments.
"ODEP's work is about strengthening America's workforce through diverse perspectives and ensuring that people with disabilities have equal opportunity to contribute their skills and talents," said Kathy Martinez, assistant secretary of labor for disability employment policy. "Employers want the best from their employees, and a key strategy is to adopt workplace policies and practices that encourage people to bring their best selves - their whole selves - to work."
To be considered eligible for this cooperative agreement, an applicant must be a business membership association, an institution of higher education, an employment service provider or a national disability-serving organization. Applicants are also required to have partnerships in place with entities from each of the other eligible applicant categories, as well as with a top-tiered business school and a state policy association. A technical panel will review the applications to assess the significance, value and viability of the proposed project; the organizational capacity and quality of key personnel; the budget and resource capacity; and the quality of the management and evaluation plans.
ODEP provides national leadership on disability employment policy by developing and influencing disability employment policies and practices, building collaborative partnerships, and delivering authoritative and credible data on the employment of people with disabilities.
The full announcement for this cooperative agreement opportunity (SCA-14-06), including eligibility requirements for applicants, can be found at www.grants.gov or www.dol.gov/odep/
Applications will be accepted until Monday, Aug. 11, 2014.
Related Loans Grants Finance Documents
- 1: USDA Announces Funding to Support People with Disabilities in Agriculture : Available funding for State and regional projects that provide education, assistive technology and support to current and prospective farmers and ranchers with disabilities.
- 2: Outstanding Fines and Fees Create Prisoners of Debt : Legal fines and fees disproportionately impact poorer people, who are more likely to be arrested and charged.
- 3: $15M in Grants Announced to Improve Disability Employment Opportunities : Grants will help expand capacity of local American Job Centers to improve employment outcomes for youth and adults with disabilities.
- 4: Why Your Credit Rating Score Is So Important : Information regarding building and maintaining a good credit rating or score and why it is so important for your future.
- 5: Government Disability Grants Information and Websites : Disability grant information and list of websites offering available government grants for disabled people.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy. Electronic Publication Date: 2014-06-26. Title: $1.85M in Funding Available to Improve Employment for People with Disabilities, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/finance/funding.php>$1.85M in Funding Available to Improve Employment for People with Disabilities</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-13, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/finance/funding.php - Reference: DW#222-10417.