Government Disability Grants Information and Websites
NOTE: This article is over 3 years old and may not reflect current information, despite the page being updated. It may still be useful for research but should be verified for accuracy and relevance.
Published: 2009-02-06 - Updated: 2021-08-08
Author: Disabled World | Contact: Disabled World (Disabled-World.com)
Peer-Reviewed Publication: N/A
Library of Related Papers: U.S. Disability Loans and Grants Publications
Synopsis: Disability grant information and list of websites offering available government grants for disabled people. For U.S. citizens Grants.gov should be your first source to find and apply for federal government grants. ACF (U.K.) offers funding for a variety of grant programs serving families, children, individuals and communities.
While not widely publicized, there are numerous grants for those that are disabled to help with financial obligations, medical expenses and even equipment. These funds can come from both private and government resources.
Every year U.S. Congressmen and Senators make promises to the people that put them in office. Many of those promises are made to minority groups in specific areas but most are made at a National level. There are reserved free government cash grants available for special interest groups including;
- American Indians
- Community Block Grants
- Non Profit Organizations
- Family Members of Veterans
- Low Income Families
- First Time Home Buyers
- People with HIV/AIDS
- Substance Abuse
Private companies and organizations sometimes offer funds to assist with housing for the disabled.
Whether it is to assist in supplementing your rent or assisting you with buying a home, these grants are there to help you. It is possible to turn your dreams into a reality.
Receive government small business grants for virtually any type of business.
Whether it is to start a business or expand your existing business there is money for waiting just for you - if you know where to look and apply.
The U.S. Federal government provides this money to help existing small business owners and those who want to start their own business change their lives and achieve financial independence.
Websites for Grants
For U.S. citizens Grants.gov should be your first source to find and apply for federal government grants. You do not have to register with Grants.gov to find grant opportunities. However, once you are ready to apply for a grant, you will need to register.
Learn more about Grants.gov and determine if you are eligible for grant opportunities.
- Administration For Children and Families
ACF offers funding for a variety of competitive and mandatory grant programs serving families, children, individuals and communities. According to their website they award billions of dollars in competitive, discretionary grants designed to promote the economic and social well-being of families, children, individuals, and communities.
For further information visit: www.acf.hhs.gov/grants/
- Office of Acquisition and Grants
The Office of Acquisition and Grants (OAG) is responsible for SSA-wide acquisition and grants programs supporting the Agency's mission and strategic goals. OAG directs the business management aspects of these activities, and develops and implements applicable policies, procedures, and directives.
Learn more on their web site: www.ssa.gov/oag/
- Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities
Information about scholarships and fellowships for students with disabilities.
Other Resources You May Find Helpful
- Disability Loans : Grants : Low Income Finance
- First Home Owners Guide to Mortgages
- Guide to Home Buying for People with Disabilities
- Disability Housing and Home Loans for Disabled Americans
- Debt Relief Solutions: Practical Steps to Get Out of Debt
- Home Budget Calculator for Planning Household Finances
- Loan Repayment Calculator: Personal Loans, Mortgages, Repayments
- Home Purchase or Rent: Pros and Cons Comparison
- Is Buying a House Cheaper Than Renting a Home
- VA Home Loan vs. CFHA Loans
- Senior Homeowners: Using Your Home to Stay at Home
- Apartment to Home Ownership - A Disability Perspective
Disabled World is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook or learn more on our about us page.
Disabled World provides general information only. The materials presented are never meant to substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Financial support is derived from advertisements or referral programs, where indicated. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.
• Cite This Page (APA): Disabled World. (2009, February 6). Government Disability Grants Information and Websites. Disabled World. Retrieved June 1, 2023 from www.disabled-world.com/disability/finance/government-grants.php
• Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/finance/government-grants.php">Government Disability Grants Information and Websites</a>