Doctors and Medical Professionals Must Know What to Expect when Applying for Disability Insurance Benefits
- Publish Date: 2013/09/19 - (Rev. 2016/03/20)
- Author: Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer
- Contact : diattorney
Outline: Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer release a video discussing issues doctors, chiropractors, dentists, and other medical professional could experience when filing a claim for long term disability insurance benefits.
Nationwide disability insurance attorneys Stephen Jessup and Gregory Dell recently released a video in which they discuss the multiple issues that medical professionals could expect to encounter when filing a claim for long term disability insurance benefits.
For physicians, surgeons, dentists, chiropractors, and other medical professionals, the types of documentation that will be required during the disability application process will depend on whether the disability policy is a group policy through a hospital or large practice, or whether it is an individual policy purchased from an agent.
It is essential to have a copy of your disability policy.
When applying, a doctor will need to provide medical support which documents the medical condition(s) and how the impairment prevents the doctor from performing the duties of his or her occupation.
A doctor will also be required to provide financial information as well as documentation which establishes the occupational duties at the time of disability.
Selecting a date of disability can be challenging and must be medically supported.
Many disability companies will try to argue that a doctor is residually / partially disabled and not totally disabled.
For a medical professional, the disability application process can be daunting and it is vital to be aware that all of the information submitted will be high scrutinized by the disability insurance company.
Disability attorneys Dell & Schaefer have helped hundred of doctors to collect disability insurance benefits. The law firm always offers a free consultation and review of a claimant's disability insurance policy by calling 888-729-3355.
- 1 - Why Does the Disability Insurance Company Request My Tax Returns | Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer | 2010/09/16
- 2 - How Long Will I Receive Disability Benefits Once My Disability Claim is Approved | Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer | 2010/09/16
- 3 - Why Should I Hire a Disability Attorney to Submit My ERISA Appeal | Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer | 2010/09/16
- 4 - What is a Residual Disability Income Claim | Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer | 2010/09/16
- 5 - How Do I Determine My Date of Disability for a Long Term Disability Insurance Claim | Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer | 2010/09/17