How Often is a Disability Claimant Expected to Treat with a Doctor
Author: Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer : Contact: diattorney.com
Published: 2010-09-17 : (Rev. 2016-03-20)
Synopsis and Key Points:
With a physical disability you should be seeing your doctor at an absolute minimum of once every three months.
The disability insurance company will have different expectations as to how long you should treat with your doctor based upon what your disabling medical condition is.
There are two types of medical conditions that can be disabling. It can be physical or it could be psychiatric.
If you have a psychiatric disabling condition, you should be seeing your doctor at least once a month or once a week, but at an absolute minimum of once a month.
Often if you have a psychiatric medical condition, you're treating with both a psychiatrist and a psychologist.
With a physical disability, you should be seeing your doctor at an absolute minimum of once every three months, and it would probably be in your best interest to see the doctor more often.
However, we obviously understand that if you have a medical condition that's been diagnosed by your doctor that you don't have to keep going back to the doctor for him to keep telling you that you have the same thing.
However, under these long-term disability policies, the policies require you to continue to be under the appropriate care of a doctor.
If you aren't under the appropriate care of a doctor, your claim could be denied.
Information supplied by diattorney.com who are Long Term Disability Attorneys.
- 1 - Why Does the Disability Insurance Company Request My Tax Returns : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/16)
- 2 - How Long Will I Receive Disability Benefits Once My Disability Claim is Approved : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/16)
- 3 - Why Should I Hire a Disability Attorney to Submit My ERISA Appeal : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/16)
- 4 - What is a Residual Disability Income Claim : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/16)
- 5 - How Do I Determine My Date of Disability for a Long Term Disability Insurance Claim : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/17)
- 6 - Most Common Reasons for a Disability Insurance Claim Denial : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/17)
- 7 - How Often is a Disability Claimant Expected to Treat with a Doctor : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/17)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.