Insurance Plans for Individuals with Challenging Health Conditions
Author: United Security Assurance Company of Pennsylvania
Synopsis and Key Points:
Medicare and private health insurance programs do not pay for majority of costs associated with long term care services most people need.
Main DigestUnited Security Assurance Offers LTCi Plans to Individuals with Challenging Health Conditions.
No one knows what the future might bring, but taking charge of one's financial future by purchasing long term care insurance is an important step. No well-planned retirement should be without long term care insurance. It is the very cornerstone of retirement security.
An unexpected health condition can strike at any time and completely exhaust a family's life savings. Contrary to what many people believe, Medicare and private health insurance programs do not pay for the majority of costs associated with long term care services that most people need - help with personal care such as dressing or using the bathroom independently.
Acquiring a long term care insurance plan is an essential step for individuals desiring to protect their assets and get the care they may need. But for many Americans with extended health conditions, access to long term care insurance coverage can be challenging. For these individuals, United Security Assurance offers LifeStyle Solutions(SM) (LSS) and LifeStyle Solutions Select(SM) (LSS Select), tax-qualified, pool of money plans in the states of Florida, Illinois, Missouri, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, and Washington.
These innovative products expand our underwriting guidelines and offer individuals who have previously been or who would otherwise be turned down for long term care insurance the opportunity to obtain coverage. This is good news for people with more severe health problems than average, such as cystic fibrosis, diabetes, cancer, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis or osteoporosis.
"Coverage for long term care costs is the last large unfunded liability for many Americans," said Bill Neugroschel, CEO of United Security. "Many of us have coverage for our lives, our medical needs, our houses and our cars, but we often don't think about how we will cover the cost of long term care. This is a major gap in our financial planning which long term care insurance like LifeStyle Solutions can address," he said.
In addition to being tax-qualified long term care insurance plans, LSS and LSS Select also offer a network of integrated Wellness, HomeWorks and Care Planning Service Programs. These services are aimed to help individuals diagnosed with extended health conditions live for decades, and with good long term care they could stand a better chance of staying independent and enjoying those years.
About United Security Assurance Company of Pennsylvania - United Security Assurance Company of Pennsylvania (www.usa-cal.com), a privately held company, is dedicated to providing quality health products at fair and reasonable rates, and committed to the fair treatment of its agents and policyholders. The company currently offers products in 19 states, and has expertise in the individual insurance market, especially long term care, home health care, hospital indemnity, and senior life products.
- 1 - Action Needed to Address Social Security Disability Insurance Finances : The National Academy of Social Insurance (2013/05/24)
- 2 - Disability Insurance Services Campaign: What Will You Say : Disability Insurance Services Inc. (2011/04/25)
- 3 - Critical Illness Insurance : Frank N. Darras (2009/10/28)
- 4 - Benefits of Travel Insurance : Greath Owen (2008/12/29)
- 5 - How to File a SSDI Claim : Allsup (2010/01/08)
- 6 - United States Senate Finance Committee to Investigate Long-Term Disability Insurance Claims : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/24)
- 7 - Health Insurance Options for the Self Employed : Disabled World (2009/02/05)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.