Health Insurance Websites Popular Among Americans
Author: comScore, Inc.
Synopsis and Key Points:
24 million Americans visited a health insurance site in Q4 2009.
Main DigestOne in Ten Americans Visited a Health Insurance Site in Q4 2009 - Aetna Sites Attracts Largest Audience with 4.8 Million Visitors...
comScore, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCOR), a leader in measuring the digital world, today released a study of online health insurance activity in 2009. The study found that nearly 24 million Americans visited a health insurance site in Q4 2009, representing 10 percent of the total U.S. online population. The study findings will be presented in greater detail in the complimentary comScore webinar, The Online Health Insurance Landscape, on February 16, 2010. Further details and registration information can be found below.
"Consumers are increasingly turning to the Internet as one of their first destinations to research health insurance, whether it is gathering information to evaluate options or seeking answers to questions concerning their current provider," said comScore director Susan Engleson. "Having a strong online presence serves as both a gateway to consumers as well as an important branding opportunity for health insurance organizations."
Aetna Attracts Largest Audience in Q4
In Q4 2009, 23.8 million Americans visited a health insurance information site including both insurer and aggregator destinations. Aetna Sites led as the most visited destination with 4.8 million visitors (20 percent industry penetration), followed by Blue Cross Blue Shield Sites with 4.1 million visitors (17.4 percent penetration) and USInsuranceOnline.com at 4 million visitors (16.8 percent penetration). Nine different health insurance sites each attracted at least two million visitors during the quarter.
Top Health Insurance Information Sites - Q4 2009 - Total U.S. - Home/Work/University Locations - Source: comScore Health Insurance Insights & Analysis
|Q4 2009 Unique Visitors (MM)||Industry Penetration|
|Total Industry Visitors*||23.8||100.0%|
|United Healthcare Sites||2.2||9.4%|
*Includes the following sites: BCBS, CIGNA, WellPoint, Aetna, Humana, USInsuranceonline.com, eHealthInsurance.com, United Healthcare, Coventry, IndividualHealthQuotes.com, Vimo.com, GoHealthInsurance.com, Health-Plan-Quote.com, HealthInsuranceSort.com, Assurant Health, MedHealthInsurance.com, HealthQuoteExpert.com, Kaiser Permanente
Ms. Engleson continued, "The Web serves as a critical channel for health insurance providers to engage with consumers and consumers are displaying increasing comfort in turning to the Web to obtain this often complex information."
comScore will discuss these findings among others in a complimentary webinar, The Online Health Insurance Landscape, on Tuesday, February 16 from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST. For more information and to register please visit: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/912653569
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in measuring the digital world and preferred source of digital marketing intelligence. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com/companyinfo.
- 1 - Action Needed to Address Social Security Disability Insurance Finances : The National Academy of Social Insurance (2013/05/24)
- 2 - Disability Insurance Services Campaign: What Will You Say : Disability Insurance Services Inc. (2011/04/25)
- 3 - Critical Illness Insurance : Frank N. Darras (2009/10/28)
- 4 - Benefits of Travel Insurance : Greath Owen (2008/12/29)
- 5 - How to File a SSDI Claim : Allsup (2010/01/08)
- 6 - United States Senate Finance Committee to Investigate Long-Term Disability Insurance Claims : Disability Attorneys Dell & Schaefer (2010/09/24)
- 7 - Health Insurance Options for the Self Employed : Disabled World (2009/02/05)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.