Disability Product Development: Crowdfunding, Projects and Investors
Updated/Revised Date: 2018-10-27
Author: Disabled World | Contact us
Synopsis: Projects related to disability products for the disabled that are looking for investor finance, crowdfunding or marketing assistance.
Disabled World receives numerous requests regarding locating financiers and acquiring assistance in developing, patenting and marketing various assistive aids and products for persons with disabilities and seniors with mobility problems.
Raising money has always been a problem for inventors, whether they need funds for a patent, for a prototype, or for production. You need more money than ever to cover the high costs of production and to get into the market with as much momentum as possible.
Most venture capitalists and angel investors receive dozens of pitches every day and simply don't have time to meet with everyone.
To make it more difficult, it's not uncommon for first-time entrepreneurs to need to speak with 50 plus investors before closing a round of funding. So as an entrepreneur, you're going to need to identify dozens of people who could potentially be interested in your company.
What is a Startup Company?
A startup company or startup is a business in the form of a company, a partnership or temporary organization designed to search for a repeatable and scalable business model. These companies, generally newly created, are in a phase of development and research for markets.
The term became popular internationally during the dot-com bubble when a great number of dot-com companies were founded.
A critical task in setting up a business is to conduct research in order to validate, assess and develop the ideas or business concepts in addition to opportunities to establish further and deeper understanding on the ideas or business concepts as well as their commercial potential
What is An Angel Investor?
An angel investor or angel (also known as a business angel or informal investor or angel funder) is an affluent individual who provides capital for a business start-up, usually in exchange for convertible debt or ownership equity.
A small but increasing number of angel investors organize themselves into angel groups or angel networks to share research and pool their investment capital, as well as to provide advice to their portfolio companies.
What is Crowdfunding?
Two people shake hands across a table, one person is wearing a watch. A third person is also sitting at the desk with just his lap visible. On the table are 2 open laptop computers and a cell phone.
Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising monetary contributions from a large number of people, typically via the internet.
The top crowdfunding websites include:
- RocketHub - The site boasts a 3-step simple process to upload your disability product project.
- Razoo - Claiming to have raised more than $97,000,000 for thousands of worthy causes, Razoo is a fundraiser web site to seek help from.
- GoFundMe - If you're looking to just raise money online, for a cause, or for yourself even, GoFundMe is the best fundraising option you can use.
- Kickstarter - Probably the most well known crowdfunding site on the Internet, Kickstarter raised a total of $220 million from 61,000 launched projects so far.
- Crowdfunding Legal Expenses Such as Litigation, Court or Trial Defense - Useful information relating to crowdfunding legal expenses such as litigation, court or trial costs.
- Indiegogo - Indie is the short form of 'independence', so from the name you already know that this crowdfunding site is aimed to help you raise funds for your personal project.
- Crowdfunder - Let an Angel Investor fund your company. Crowdfunder allows U.S. startup and small businesses to raise funds by selling equity, debt and revenue-based securities, while attracting Angel Investors and Venture Capital to your company.
If you or your company can provide help for these projects please contact the inventor directly and not Disabled World.
If you have a project in mind or in the development stage and are seeking assistance with finance or marketing and would like your project included in this category, please contact Disabled World.
Included below are a number of assistive technology projects related to disability products for the disabled that are looking for investor finance and marketing assistance due to lack of professional knowledge, information and/or experience.
Subtopics and Associated Subjects
Disabled World is an independent disability community founded in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can connect with us on social media such as Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
Cite This Page (APA): Disabled World. (2018, October 27). Disability Product Development: Crowdfunding, Projects and Investors. Disabled World. Retrieved September 21, 2021 from www.disabled-world.com/disability/investors/