Free Legal Help Available for Low-Income Seniors and Homeless
Author: Philadelphia Bar Association
Synopsis and Key Points:
Free legal help available for low-income seniors and the homeless during Philadelphia bar association celebration of national pro bono week.
Main DigestFree Legal Help Available for Low-Income Seniors and the Homeless during Philadelphia Bar Association Celebration of National Pro Bono Week.
The Delivery of Legal Services Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association's Public Interest Section will join with the SeniorLAW Center, the law firm of Blank Rome LLP, and the Homeless Advocacy Project to present a Life Planning Clinic for low-income seniors and two Legal Clinics for the homeless as part of National Pro Bono Week in Philadelphia.
The Life Planning Clinic will take place on October 25 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Center in the Park, 5818 Germantown Ave. SeniorLAW Center and volunteers from Blank Rome LLP will provide free advance planning counseling to low-income seniors 60-years-old and over as well as help draft important legal documents.
Pre-registration is required through Karen Buck at 215-701-3201 or email@example.com.
The Homeless Advocacy Project Legal Clinics will take place on October 26 from 10 to 11 a.m. at Kirkbride/Traveler's Aid, 111 N. 49th St. and on October 29 from 1:45 to 3 p.m. at St. John's Hospice, 1221 Race St.
Pre-registration is required through Cary Moritz at 215-523-9587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The celebration is part of the American Bar Association's coordinated national effort to encourage and support local efforts to expand the delivery of pro bono legal services.
- 1: Disability Bias in AI Hiring Tools and Legal Protection : Juyoun Han and Patrick Lin (2020/11/25)
- 2: Can School Districts Carve Out a Placement from the IDEA's Stay-Put Provision? : David Greco : RMO LLP (2020/05/01)
- 3: U.S. Jails Hold More Mentally Ill Persons Than Hospitals : Joe D. Gonzales Law Office (2010/08/21)
- 4: Ambulance Chasing Lawsuits : Litigation, Extortion and Lawyer Complaints : Emma Johnson (2013/12/28)
- 5: Lawsuit Alleging Disability Discrimination by Owners and Developers of Apartment Complexes in 13 States : U.S. Department of Justice Office of Public Affairs (2019/05/10)
- 6: Crowdfunding Legal Expenses Such as Litigation, Court or Trial Defense : Disabled World (2015/01/13)
- 7: U.S. Justice Department Files Lawsuit Alleging Disability-Based Housing Discrimination : The U.S. Justice Department (2019/02/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.