Negligent Security Lawsuits
Author: The Mayro Law Firm
Synopsis and Key Points:
Entitlement to monetary compensation through a negligent security claim under premises liability law.
Main DigestWhen a property owner or manager does not provide adequate security, and you are injured as a result of that negligence, you may be entitled to monetary compensation through a negligent security claim under premises liability law.
Unfortunately, a property's negligent security has and can result in violent attacks, including assault, armed robbery, rape and sexual assault and kidnapping.
Examples of Negligent Security Factors
A number of factors can contribute to negligent security. Some of the most common cases involve:
Insufficient lighting - Poor training of security guards - Poor hiring practices for security positions - Failure to do background checks on personnel - Inadequate security for amount of property - Failure to provide new locks or security code when needed - Poor key or security code control - Failure to act when a known criminal is on or near the property, or when there has been an increase in violent crime in the area - Inadequate or malfunctioning security equipment, such as self-locking gates or security cameras
Where Do Negligent Security Cases Often Occur
As you might expect, commercial stores, malls and other shopping centers, amusement parks, and restaurants and bars are some of the most common properties involved in negligent security cases. In addition, hotels, motels, college campuses and apartment complexes are prevalent areas for premises liability security issues.
Compensation in Negligent Security Cases
Bringing a valid negligent security and premises liability claim can help a victim deal with the financial, physical and emotional aftermath of a violent crime. Compensation may be available for damages, such as:
Medical bills, including hospitalization, physical therapy and psychological counseling - Emotional suffering - Lost income - Reduced earning capability - Loss of companionship, especially if a wrongful death resulted
If you or someone you love has suffered a personal injury, or death, caused by negligent security, it is important to contact an experienced premises liability attorney right away. Evidence at the scene of the crime will need to be preserved, and there are time limits on when you can bring a lawsuit of this type into the courts.
For more information on negligent security and possible compensation, please visit the website of Phoenix, Arizona negligent security attorney Jerrold A. Mayro - Website: www.mayrolaw.com
- 1: Disability Bias in AI Hiring Tools and Legal Protection : Juyoun Han and Patrick Lin (2020/11/25)
- 2: Can School Districts Carve Out a Placement from the IDEA's Stay-Put Provision? : David Greco : RMO LLP (2020/05/01)
- 3: U.S. Jails Hold More Mentally Ill Persons Than Hospitals : Joe D. Gonzales Law Office (2010/08/21)
- 4: Ambulance Chasing Lawsuits : Litigation, Extortion and Lawyer Complaints : Emma Johnson (2013/12/28)
- 5: Lawsuit Alleging Disability Discrimination by Owners and Developers of Apartment Complexes in 13 States : U.S. Department of Justice Office of Public Affairs (2019/05/10)
- 6: Crowdfunding Legal Expenses Such as Litigation, Court or Trial Defense : Disabled World (2015/01/13)
- 7: U.S. Justice Department Files Lawsuit Alleging Disability-Based Housing Discrimination : The U.S. Justice Department (2019/02/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.