What is Plaintiff Law
Author: Sara Goldstein
Original Publication Date: 2010-05-30
Updated - Revised Date: 2018-01-26
Synopsis and Key Points:
Plaintiff Law is the segment of the law field dedicated to helping victims of negligence in many areas of society.
What is Plaintiff Law in Atlanta? Plaintiff Law is the segment of the law field dedicated to helping victims of negligence in many areas of society.
Plaintiff lawyers are those who represent the plaintiff--the party initiating the lawsuit--and recover damages and other compensation for the plaintiff, or victim. Whenever someone is injured or becomes sick as a result of someone else's negligence, it can be a devastating experience for the victim and his or her family. Often in these difficult times, dealing with legal issues can be overwhelming. Plaintiff lawyers help guide grieving and struggling families through the process of holding the negligent party responsible.
Areas of Plaintiff Law
Each state has different laws covering injury lawsuits, so it is important to select a plaintiff lawyer who has experience getting compensation for victims in your state. For example, if you live in the Atlanta area, you should select a competent Georgia Plaintiff Lawyer.
Accidents and injuries can happen any time, and in almost any situation. Therefore, Plaintiff Law includes many specific types of negligence and injury lawsuits. A few common areas of Plaintiff Law include:
- Auto and Truck Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers' Compensation
- Brain Injury
- Social Security Disability
- Dangerous Premises
- Defective Products
In each of these practice areas, plaintiff lawyers fight for the rights of victims to fair compensation for their pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and other damages.
Plaintiff Lawyers Help Victims
Many people underestimate the importance of hiring a skilled plaintiff lawyer in getting the compensation they deserve. Some try to navigate the complicated legal process on their own or are simply unaware that they may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. Unfortunately, the chances of successfully resolving your legal claim are worse without a plaintiff lawyer.
Especially when the lawsuit is brought against institutions like businesses, hospitals, and corporations, the defendant may have multiple trained lawyers ready to intimidate you into dropping your claim. These lawyers are experts in denying legitimate injury and disability lawsuits. If you or a family member has been injured in the Atlanta area, a qualified Georgia personal injury lawyer will protect your rights from the defendant's lawyers and fight for the best possible outcome.
Plaintiff lawyers play an important role in our society. They stick up for injured people, ensuring that the party who caused the injury is held accountable. Plaintiff lawyers and personal injury lawsuits often help bring about important safety precautions that can prevent injuries and save lives.
- 1: Disability Bias in AI Hiring Tools and Legal Protection : Juyoun Han and Patrick Lin (2020/11/25)
- 2: Can School Districts Carve Out a Placement from the IDEA's Stay-Put Provision? : David Greco : RMO LLP (2020/05/01)
- 3: U.S. Jails Hold More Mentally Ill Persons Than Hospitals : Joe D. Gonzales Law Office (2010/08/21)
- 4: Ambulance Chasing Lawsuits : Litigation, Extortion and Lawyer Complaints : Emma Johnson (2013/12/28)
- 5: Lawsuit Alleging Disability Discrimination by Owners and Developers of Apartment Complexes in 13 States : U.S. Department of Justice Office of Public Affairs (2019/05/10)
- 6: Crowdfunding Legal Expenses Such as Litigation, Court or Trial Defense : Disabled World (2015/01/13)
- 7: U.S. Justice Department Files Lawsuit Alleging Disability-Based Housing Discrimination : The U.S. Justice Department (2019/02/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.