Free 2014 Federal and State Tax Preparation and Filing for Eligible Taxpayers
Author: Walmart Foundation; MyFreeTaxes : Contact: www.foundation.walmart.com
MyFreeTaxes provides free federal and state tax preparation and filing assistance online and in-person to eligible households earning $58,000 or less a year.
Main DigestMyFreeTaxes.com is the only free online platform that can be used to file federal and state taxes in all 50 states, including the District of Columbia. The program has helped millions of individuals and families claim more than $8 billion in tax credits and refunds since 2009.
The national MyFreeTaxes partnership between Goodwill Industries International, National Disability Institute and United Way is funded by a $4.3 million grant from the Walmart Foundation. The MyFreeTaxes partnership works with filers to maximize their refunds and help eligible families and individuals claim valuable tax credits to help keep more money in their pockets.
MyFreeTaxes.com is an easy, fast and secure federal and state tax filing site powered by H&R Block. The online tool allows eligible taxpayers, with a combined household income of $58,000 or less, to self-file for free using a simple step-by-step process that includes telephone and online chat support.
Taxpayers can also file in-person at 175 United Way and Goodwill led community-based tax preparation sites and 30 American Job Center locations as well as Veterans Administration Centers and veteran organizations where eligible individuals and families earning $58,000 or less can file for free using MyFreeTaxes.com and receive free, in-person assistance from onsite tax coaches in select locations. Many of these locations not only offer MyFreeTaxes.com filing on site, but also serve as Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites, where IRS-certified volunteers help eligible taxpayers earning $52,000 or less per year prepare and file their taxes.
Now in its sixth year, MyFreeTaxes is expected to help return an estimated $2 billion this year in total tax refunds and credits, including $550 million in EITC and help save $300 million in tax preparation fees.
The program is also expected to help more than 182,000 people with disabilities file their taxes for free and expand knowledge of EITC and other available tax credits.
"At Walmart, we know that every dollar counts for American families," said Julie Gehrki, senior director of the Walmart Foundation. "We're excited to partner with leading nonprofits to offer MyFreeTaxes, a completely free tax-filing service for those who are eligible. We expect MyFreeTaxes will help return an estimated $2 billion in total tax refunds, credits and tax preparation savings this year, and those are dollars that make a real difference for millions of families." - Julie Gehrki, Senior Director, The Walmart Foundation
"Ensuring that free tax preparation and filing assistance is made available to all that qualify provides a valuable service to those who need it. The services provided through tax education and assistance programs also help people get the tax credits they qualify for, such as Earned Income Tax Credit. We appreciate our partners who offer these services to taxpayers." - Peggy Bogadi, Commissioner, Wage & Investment Division, Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Of the 146 million U.S. taxpayers filing in 2012, 96 million reported adjusted gross incomes of $50,000 or less. Many of those taxpayers were eligible for a number of tax credits that often go unclaimed.
- 1 in 5 Americans who are eligible for the EITC are not receiving it. MyFreeTaxes is expected to help return more than two billion in total tax refunds, credits and tax preparation fee savings to eligible individuals and families nationwide.
- Since 2009, MyFreeTaxes has helped millions of individuals and families file free federal and state tax returns, resulting in nearly $8 billion in federal income tax refunds, nearly $1.5 billion in Earned Income Tax Credits and more than $913 million in tax preparer fee savings. MyFreeTaxes has also helped more than 820,000 taxpayers with disabilities file their returns.
For more information, get help filing your taxes through MyFreeTaxes.com or to find an in-person filing site near you, visit MyFreeTaxes.com or call 1-855-My-Tx-Help.
- 1 - U.S. Social Security Benefit Taxation Thresholds Have Never Been Adjusted : The Senior Citizens League (2019/12/03)
- 2 - Tax Breaks for People with Disabilities : Allsup (2011/02/18)
- 3 - Social Security Benefits Still Taxable Despite Tax Overhaul : The Senior Citizens League (2019/02/20)
- 4 - Expiring Tax Cut Affects People With Highest Healthcare Costs : The Senior Citizens League (2018/11/27)
- 5 - Social Security Disability Benefits and Injured Colorado Workers Taxability : Eley Law Firm (2011/06/06)
- 6 - Changing U.S. Tax Codes Impact Assistance Dog Services for People with Disabilities : Canine Companions for Independence (2017/12/29)
- 7 - Businesses Still Need to Make ACA Filings on Time : First Capitol Consulting (2017/02/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.