Disabled World (disabled-world.com)
Revised/Updated: Sunday, 17th July 2016
Synopsis and Key Points:
A list of current disability petitions including ability to post or sign petitions relating to disabilities or services for the disabled.
A list of disability petitions including the ability to post your own petition information and sign other petitions relating to disabilities and/or services for the disabled worldwide.
A petition is a request to do something, most commonly addressed to a government official or public entity. Petitions to a deity are a form of prayer called supplication. In the colloquial sense, a petition is a document addressed to some official and signed by numerous individuals. A petition may be oral rather than written, and in this era may be transmitted via the Internet.
Past Disability Related Petitions:
Health Care Reform Must Eliminate Wait lists and Allow for the Continuation/Portability of Services Across State Lines - Submitted to the President of the United States and Congress.
To The US Government - Sponsored By: Social Security Disability Coalition
Money is taken out of your paychecks every week for Social Security, and SSD and as of January 2003 the US government GAO has designated Social Security Disability a HIGH risk area for 2003. You could face homelessness, bankruptcy and even death trying to get your benefits when you need them the most. On behalf of the Social Security Disability Coalition we ask, disabled and healthy Americans alike, that you please do something to fix this serious problem now!
Petition calling for the Government to keep Disability Living Allowance mobility component for people in residential care
Disability Living Allowance (DLA) mobility component helps meet some of the extra costs disabled people can face getting around, for example, taxis (where there is no accessible public transport), electric wheelchairs and mobility aids. However, the Government plans to stop paying DLA mobility to people living in residential care and this will mean that many people will no longer have the money to meet these extra costs and face being trapped at home.
To post your petition information please see our article submission details.
Subtopics and Associated Subjects
- 1 - Environmental, Medical and Health Groups Urge EPA to Ban Fluoridation Based on Risk to Brain : Fluoride Action Network (2016/11/30)
- 2 - Changes to Companionship Exemption Will Cause Institutionalization of People with Disabilities : Philip Bennett (2013/08/29)
- 3 - Petition to Ratify Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities in America : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2012/02/29)
- 4 - Medicare Petition Drive to Congress : Michigan State Medical Society (2010/04/21)
- 5 - Gary McKinnon: Petition and Appeal to President Barack Obama : UK Autism Foundation (2009/08/07)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.