The Legend of the Bear Lake Monster Novel
Author: Linda Weaver Clarke
Synopsis and Key Points:
The mystery of the Bear Lake Monster has been an exciting part of Idaho history since the early 1800s.
Main DigestScotland has the Lock Ness Monster and Bear Lake Valley has theirs. Do they really exist"David and the Bear Lake Monster" focuses on deep-rooted legends, a few mysterious events, the mystery of the Bear Lake Monster, and a tender love story.
As the waves splash gently upon the shore and the full moon shines brightly upon Bear Lake, a deep foreboding is in the air. A few feet from shore, the water abruptly parts and exposes a gigantic brown lump about 90-feet long. Water trickles down its sides as it floats in the stillness of the night.
The mystery of the Bear Lake Monster has been an exciting part of Idaho history since the early 1800s and David begins to wonder about this legend in "David and the Bear Lake Monster" (ISBN: 978-1-58982-532-1). When David returns to the Robert's family for a visit, he learns about the great Indian legend: the Bear Lake Monster. When he discovers people still believe in this legend, he sets out to prove that it doesn't exist but the community is insulted that anyone would try to discredit something they have believed in for years. Their legend is part of Bear Lake history.
"The fun part of David and the Bear Lake Monster is wondering if there is truly a monster in the lake," wrote Allison King, Allison's Attic Book Review. "It makes for an interesting adventure, with a surprising ending to the tale of the monster. I love that the author based the monster on a local folklore. It is also a heart-warming story of finding that right person to live the rest of your life with. It teaches us that people with disabilities are just like any other person who has dreams for their life. So, if you want to laugh, learn and live in the life of some wonderful characters...read this book and enjoy the journey!"
While searching for true happiness, David finds himself entranced with one very special lady and ends up defending her honor several times. She isn't like the average woman. Sarah is different. This charming young woman has a disability that no one seems to notice. He finds out that Sarah has gone through more trials than the average person. She teaches him the importance of not dwelling on the past and how to love life. After a few teases, tricks, and mischievous deeds, David begins to overcome his troubles. As time passes, he realizes he must now face the dilemma of choosing between his career and matters of the heart.
"David and the Bear Lake Monster will keep readers entertained right up to the last page," wrote Kim Atchue-Cusella of Book Loons. "Linda Weaver Clarke creates another winner with this installment of her Family Saga in Bear Lake Valley series."
Visit "You Tube" at www.youtube.com/watchv=YPc1BsArhKQ
About the Author - Linda Weaver Clarke travels throughout the United States, teaching a "Family Legacy Workshop," encouraging others to write their family history and autobiography. Clarke is the author of the historical romance series, "A Family Saga in Bear Lake, Idaho," and the new mystery series, "The Adventures of John and Julia Evans."
"David and the Bear Lake Monster" (ISBN: 978-1-58982-532-1, American Book Publishing, 2009). For more information, visit www.lindaweaverclarke.com. Publicity contact: www.american-book.com
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.