Borderline Personality Disorder - Free eBook Offers Guidance
Author: The Meehl Foundation(i) : Contact: meehlfoundation.org
Published: 2014-11-23 : (Rev. 2020-11-19)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Meehl Foundation offering new e-book available for free download that serves as a guidebook for people with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD).
Borderline personality disorder is defined as a personality disorder primarily characterized by emotional dysregulation, extreme "black and white" thinking, or "splitting", and chaotic relationships.
Added to DSM-III Borderline personality disorder is marked by symptoms such as problems with regulating emotions and thoughts, impulsive and reckless behavior and unstable relationships with other people.
"Borderline Personality Disorder: Breaking the Cycle of Suffering" was designed to empower readers to cope with the symptoms of BPD until they could reach a 90 day DBT residential program.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, BPD is a "serious mental illness marked by unstable moods, behavior, and relationships."
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a personality disorder primarily characterized by emotional dysregulation, extreme "black and white" thinking, or "splitting", and chaotic relationships. The general profile of the disorder also typically includes a pervasive instability in mood, interpersonal relationships, self-image, identity, and behavior.
Added to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III) in 1980, the disease is marked by symptoms such as problems with regulating emotions and thoughts, impulsive and reckless behavior and unstable relationships with other people.
By following the wisdom of the Meehl Foundation's book, those who have been diagnosed with BPD will be learn to push past triggers that once put them out of their emotional minds; eliminate self-doubt, uncertainty and indecisiveness; change irrational beliefs about people's motives toward them; take control with calm and confidence; feel more comfortable and relaxed in social situations; achieve life goals and much more.
DBT Treatment - The Meehl Foundation
"You will see a measurable increase in your distress tolerance level in less than 90 days and your Self-Confidence will continue to soar until you are unstoppable," said Debra Meehl, President of the Meehl Foundation and co-author of "Borderline Personality Disorder: Breaking the Cycle of Suffering." "Our book offers hope to anyone whose life has been defined by the debilitating emotional distress that is a constant companion to those who haven't yet triumphed over BPD. We can help you."
Serving clients in Texas and around the United States, the Meehl House, created by Mark and Debra Meehl, DD provides a place of hope and healing for those diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD).
The Meehls have over 25 years of combined experience successfully treating clients and are Intensively Trained in DBT, REBT, Schema therapy and the Amen Brain Healthy model.
At their BPD residential facility, residents learn to effectively manage all areas of his or her life in order to return home with the ability to productively engage in career and financial decisions, cultivate and grow friendships and family relationships, and use the coping strategies for living daily with BPD. Learn more about the work of the Meehl Foundation and download the eBook at www.meehlfoundation.org
(i)Source/Reference: The Meehl Foundation. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1: UT Arlington Libraries Digitize Disability History : University of Texas at Arlington (2015/09/12)
- 2: Why We Revolt: A Patient Revolution for Careful and Kind Care : Tsara Shelton (2020/12/28)
- 3: Choosing Less Expensive Treatments Over Big Pharma : Ascot Media Group (2015/10/29)
- 4: Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 5: Arthritis, Veterans and the U.S. Military : National Arthritis Foundation (2016/06/05)
- 6: Life of Max Starkloff and the Fight for Disability Rights : Starkloff Disability Institute (2014/11/11)
- 7: Borderline Personality Disorder - Free eBook Offers Guidance : The Meehl Foundation (2014/11/23)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.