Guidebook for Caregivers - Practical Emotional Assistance for Caregivers
Author: Holly Whiteside
Synopsis and Key Points:
The Caregivers Compass is a guidebook for achieving balance while caring for a loved one.
Main DigestGuidebook for Caregivers Released Today - First to Offer Practical Emotional Assistance for Caregivers.
Today the Possibility Guild announced immediate availability of the book "The Caregiver's Compass: How to Navigate with Balance and Effectiveness Using Mindful Caregiving " by Holly Whiteside (www.caregiverscompass.com). A guidebook for achieving balance while caring for a loved one, "The Caregiver's Compass " is one of the only books offering real techniques for managing emotional challenges during caregiving. Readers apply three basic well-being principles to the emotional arenas of caregiving.
Though many books address the externals of caregiving, true emotional help for boomer caregivers is lacking.
During her caregiving, Whiteside, a longtime life coach, applied to herself the life coaching principles she taught others. The resulting tools, comprising the backbone of "The Caregiver's Compass," are now shared through private coaching and workshops. She is also a certified Eden Alternative Associate, promoting culture change in nursing homes.
Whiteside's writing credentials include: collaboration on various self-help books; online publication of articles; and reading a personal essay on NHPR's Front Porch program. She was also interviewed as the self-care expert for an upcoming book by Nancy Christie.
"The Caregiver's Compass " is available at Amazon.com and other bookstores.
Praise for "The Caregiver's Compass" (read more at www.caregiverscompass.com):
by Ann Marie McKelvey, LPCC, PCC, Zen Chaplain and Psychotherapist, International Wellness Coach Trainer:
"' The Caregiver's Compass ' is a required text in the wellness classes I teach to psychologists, hospice workers, coaches and family members who are caregivers. Why? Because I have witnessed personally and professionally the caregiver life on empty: Burn out, defeatism, discouragement and stress-related illnesses. This book is sustainable fuel for the caregiver's journey. It is contemplative, action-oriented, and written for the reader to gather wellness nuggets in each moment. It's about being mindful of our inner and outer landscapes. It's about remembering that we are our oldest and dearest friend ...
"Recently I asked one of my clients who specializes in caregiver-related issues, 'What is alive in you' His answer was simple, 'Relief and gratitude that I read 'The Caregiver's Compass'... I'm not alone anymore.'"
by Bob Lind, Echo Magazine (excerpt):
"Ms. Whiteside brings a simplistic but effective holistic approach to the subject of caregiving. The book sets out basic concepts of caregiving, perhaps the most important of which include dealing with the myriad of emotions that come into play. Concepts such as pre-grieving, asking for help, and knowing when to let go are handled in a straightforward, honest manner, covering bases that might otherwise get overlooked by overburdened caregivers. An excellent, recommended resource that can be a comfort to those needing guidance or reinforcement that they are doing their best for their loved one."
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.