Game Changer: The Remarkable Story of Caroline's Cart
Author: Caroline's Cart : Contact: carolinescart.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
Caroline's Cart creator Drew Ann Long releases book chronicling rise from mom to special needs advocate and entrepreneur.
Drew Ann Long, the mother of a special needs child who created a shopping cart that has simplified the lives of parents like her all over the world, has authored a book about her experience.
Caroline's Cart is a shopping cart created for children and adults with special needs. It provides parents and caregivers a viable option to transport a child through a store while grocery shopping, without simultaneously having to maneuver a wheelchair and a traditional grocery cart. It is named after Caroline, the special needs daughter of Drew Ann and David Long, founders of PSG International.
Game Changer: The Remarkable Story of Caroline's Cart, recounts Long's journey from harried mother to manufacturer, negotiator and advocate for special needs children. It is available today in hardback on Amazon.com, whitecapsmedia.com, and as an ebook from Apple and Amazon.com (also Amazon Prime). The official launch party will be held at Innovation Depot on May 11 at 11 a.m.
"Caroline's Cart started as a drawing on a napkin, and through nine years of hard work and lessons learned, it has become a staple in stores like Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Kroger and Home Depot," Long says.
"With the book, I wanted to share the story of how the commitment and hard work became a game changer for many in need around the world, and to challenge readers to become game changers in their own lives. From my first meetings at University of Alabama (UAB) in 2009 and my early collaboration with Innovation Depot, Caroline's Cart has grown to be a widely used accessible shopping option for the special needs community."
Game Changer: The Remarkable Story of Caroline's Cart shares the story of a mom who simply needed to buy groceries but couldn't manipulate a shopping cart, and a wheelchair at the same time.
Book Cover: Game Changer - The Remarkable Story of Caroline's Cart
Determined that there must be a better way, Long set out to create a new standard for one of the country's largest industries.
Eventually, she succeeded, through a crazy, faith-challenging and remarkable journey that drew her into the worlds of engineering, manufacturing, finance, patent law and the corporate boardroom.
The National Retail Federation recently honored Caroline's Cart as one of the top 25 companies shaping the future of retail in 2017.
A key player in the success story of Caroline's Cart is Rebel Negley, who joined Long's company in 2012 as CEO and helped negotiate an international licensing and manufacturing agreement to make Caroline's Cart available on five continents.
Negley and Long are available for speaking engagements, in which they share the story of the product that has been life-changing for families that have children and adults with special needs, as well as motivate listeners to become difference-makers in challenges they face in their everyday lives.
For more information, visit CarolinesCart.com
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.