Chasing Normal - A Guide for the Newly Disabled
Author: Dinah Chaudoir Federer
Published: 2009-04-02 : (Rev. 2010-07-11)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Chasing Normal - A Guide For The Newly Disabled And For Those Who Love Them.
Main DigestChasing Normal - A New Resource for the Newly Disabled
Author, Dinah Chaudoir Federer has released her new book: Chasing Normal - A Guide For The Newly Disabled And For Those Who Love Them to help the newly disabled navigate the long and winding road that comes with adjusting to a new disability.
Chasing Normal uses the author's personal and professional experiences to help people survive and learn to thrive with disability challenges. She addresses topics such as feeling fragile, dealing with failure, and talking about the 'Big IT' and suggestions are provided to assist the reader in moving through these emotionally trying situations.
"We have people surviving illnesses and accidents at increasingly higher rates thanks to medical advances; and combat survivors are also growing in unprecedented numbers" says Chaudoir Federer.
She wrote the book to support those who suddenly find themselves trying to weave their way through the dizzying mine field of doctors, therapists, loss of functioning, family fears and personal terror.
Chaudoir-Federer has worked in the field of vocational rehabilitation for over 20 years. She herself grew up with a mobility impairment and then developed a secondary chronic pain issue at age 35. Her message to herself, her clients, and their families is simple and clear: "There is life after disability."
Visit the web site at www.chasing-normal.com
For more information about Chasing Normal or to schedule an interview please contact Dinah at email@example.com
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.