Collecting the Disability Check: A Resource Manual for Libraries, Individuals and Advisers
Author: Disability Services Group
Published: 2011-11-16 : (Rev. 2013-06-13)
New Disability benefits resource manual Getting Paid authored by Allan Checkoway a nationally recognized disability expert.
Main DigestIn 2011, MILLIONS of dollars in Insurer, Social Security and Veterans Administration disability claims will continue to be denied unnecessarily.
ElderCare Publishing is pleased to announce the availability of the new Disability benefits resource manual Getting Paid, authored by Allan Checkoway, a nationally recognized disability expert.
Allan shares Insider Tips on how to correctly file a Long Term Disability claim, dramatically improving the likelihood of collecting benefits. His new publication was developed to help the multitude of disabled Americans learn how to collect the millions of dollars of disability benefits.
22,500 Veteran's PTDS disability claims denied as personality disorders USA Today...
How is it possible that a personality disorder, assuming it existed prior to military service, is diagnosed when psychological evaluations are not done prior to induction? Why?
1,200,100 Social Security Disability applications were filed in 1999 (48 percent or 579,000 were declined).
In 2009, ten years later, 2,816,200 Social Security Disability applications were filed (and 65 percent or 1,830,530 were declined).
The number of disability applications more than doubled while denials more than tripled.
In one year, more than $23 TRILLION dollars of annualized benefits were lost.
Disabled Americans diagnosed with serious medical and psychological illnesses are just beginning to process the enormity of the physical, emotional and financial challenges they will be facing.
Getting Paid offers guidance on home and travel adaptation to make life easier. Readers are empowered as they open up a whole new world of knowledge.
"Getting Paid is the best resource manual I have ever come across in the 25 years that I have been employed as a social worker, an invaluable book to those involved in the disability process." Keith Armstrong, coauthor of Courage After Fire.
About the Author:
Allan Checkoway's career includes more than 30 years in the health care insurance field, and a specialty in the brokerage placement of disability and long-term care insurance coverage. His goal in this publication has been to share those decades of experience with readers.
Allan is the author of Disability Income: A How To Guide, published by R & R Newkirk, and Disability Income Insurance, published by Kaplan Publishing.
His articles have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Legal Economics, Lawyers Weekly, Journal of Financial Planning, National Underwriter, Health Insurance Underwriter, Life Association News, Advisor Today, ProducersWEB, and other professional trade journals.
Allan is Past President of the Disability Insurance Training Council and has received the National Association of Health Underwriters' Norma Medill Award for Journalism. He served as Regional Vice President of the National Association of Health Underwriters and has been a frequent speaker at the Million Dollar Round Table.
For more information, visit www.eldercaresurvival.com or write to Sandra Cloonan, c/o ElderCare Publishing Co., Inc., 181 Wells Ave., Newton, MA 02459. Tel. 617.630.0700. Email: email@example.com
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.