Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Dog Book Series
Author: Barbara Techel
Synopsis and Key Points:
Barbara Techel tells how Frankie suffered a spinal injury was fitted for a wheelchair and became a volunteer therapy dog through the book series Frankie the Walk N Roll Dog.
Main DigestDisabled Dachshund Becomes First Ever Cyber Therapy Dog With Companions for the Soul.
Author Barbara Techel & her paralyzed therapy dog, Frankie, have been chosen as the first ever cyber therapy dog team. They will appear via Skype to share their inspiring story of learning to see challenges in a positive way.
Barbara Techel and her 11-year old wheelchair-bound dachshund will share their inspiring and uplifting story about how Frankie suffered a spinal injury, was custom-fitted for a wheelchair, persevered, and became a volunteer therapy dog through Barbara's award-winning book series, Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Dog.
They will be appearing via Skype in conjunction with Companions for the Soul(CFTS)who is hosting this first time event on May 31st, 2011. Barbara and Frankie will be sharing their story with Woodside Elementary School and their K-2 Literacy program. CFTS is a non-profit therapy dog organization based in California and is hosting this first time ever event. CFTS's programs are targeted at enriching the lives of the handicapped, autistic and special needs children. When executive director, Ginger Mozzetti, discovered Frankie and Barbara through their website, and the work they are doing, she contacted Barbara to ask if Frankie would be their first ever cyber therapy dog and partner with CFTS.
Barbara will share Frankie's story, a selected reading, and answer questions. And most importantly, Frankie will be there to promote both her books, Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Dog and Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Therapy Dog Visits Libby's House to bring the children smiles and joy by being in her presence, as well as encourage the students to read and see their challenges in a positive way.
We all face challenges in life, but when we choose to be positive despite obstacles, we find that our challenges can often time lead to some of our most pivotal learning opportunities. Frankie taught her owner, Barbara just that, and now Barbara finds great joy in helping others benefit from Frankie's amazing attitude and valuable life lessons.
Frankie the Walk 'N Roll Dog book series is a true collection told from Frankie's viewpoint. The first book tells how Frankie overcame adversity and lives every day to the fullest despite her disability, while the second book in the series, tells how Frankie became a registered therapy dog and gives personal accounts of her visits to the residents of Libby's House, a senior assisted facility where many residents have Alzheimer's or dementia.
To learn about Barbara and Frankie visit www.joyfulpaws.com and to learn more about CFTS visit www.companionsforthesoul.org
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.