Disability Awareness Posters, Pamphlets, Leaflets and Flyers
Synopsis: Information on obtaining pamphlets and posters relating to disability and event awareness including flyers and leaflets.(1)
Author: Disabled World Contact: Disabled World
Published: 2012-09-29 Updated: 2016-10-16
Information on obtaining pamphlets and posters relating to disability and event awareness including flyers and leaflets. Items cover Disability Awareness Month, National Disability Employment Awareness, and more.
Disability Awareness Month Posters - A selection of printable posters relating to disability awareness can be found at:
Diversity Graphics - Provide National Disability Employment Awareness Month, Deaf Awareness Week, and other diversity related banners, buttons, and posters at a very reasonable price.
Disability Awareness Month Printable Posters - As the posters suggest, some individuals have visible disabilities, which can be seen by others, and some have hidden disabilities. There is an on-going debate as to which group has the greatest life struggles. Those with visible disabilities frequently have to explain what they can do, while individuals with hidden disabilities have to make clear what they cannot do. www.citytech.cuny.edu/gallery/albums/disability06/index.html
FREE Disability Awareness Materials - (Posters, Bulletins, Coloring books, etc) - (Site currently unavailable)
In.gov - GCPD - Order your free materials today. Posters, bookmarks, stickers, brochures and twenty-two different planning packets are offered to community groups and advocates to assist in planning disability related events and activities. While the Council promotes March as Disability Awareness month, the packets can be used at any time during the year.
Indiana Governor's Council for People with Disabilities - FREE materials for Disability Awareness Month. Sponsored by the Indiana Governor's Council for People with Disabilities. The Governor's Council provides standardized kits to everyone who is interested in conducting an awareness campaign.
Missouri Developmental Disabilities Council - The Missouri Planning Council for Developmental Disabilities assists by providing suggested activities and free instructional materials. Contact them for a wide variety of disability awareness month posters and materials.
Whoopi Goldberg disability
National Disability Employment Awareness Poster - The National Disability Employment Awareness theme promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce that includes talented workers with disabilities. The NDEAM poster is filled with colorful (reds, yellows, blues, purples) images of real people with disabilities working in a variety of inclusive work settings. Down-loadable versions of the poster are available in English and Spanish.
National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities - NICHCY receives many calls each year from people who are looking for materials on disability awareness. People need these materials for many different reasons, from classroom instructional units, to Girl Scout information fairs, to school reports. Materials include: curriculum; books; children's books; videos; posters and other merchandise.
Office of Disability Employment Policy Publications - The Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) was selected as the lead agency to provide training and promotional materials to help individuals across the country plan local disability awareness events. ODEP offers a number of posters and flyers free of charge.
Texas Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities - Produces a poster celebrating National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) in October. The colorful 18 x 24 inch posters are displayed in more than 2,000 businesses, government offices, schools and colleges across the State. They accept orders for free posters for offices and businesses, as well as for October NDEAM celebrations throughout Texas.
If you can add to our list of resources please contact us.
- 1: Free Accessibility Guide to UK National Parks : NRS Healthcare (2017/07/24)
- 2: UT Arlington Libraries Digitize Disability History : University of Texas at Arlington (2015/09/12)
- 3: Why We Revolt: A Patient Revolution for Careful and Kind Care : Tsara Shelton (2020/12/28)
- 4: Choosing Less Expensive Treatments Over Big Pharma : Ascot Media Group (2015/10/29)
- 5: Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 6: Arthritis, Veterans and the U.S. Military : National Arthritis Foundation (2016/06/05)
- 7: Life of Max Starkloff and the Fight for Disability Rights : Starkloff Disability Institute (2014/11/11)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.