Turning on Learning: Approaches for Multicultural Teaching Plans for Race, Class, Gender and Disability
Author: Carl A. Grant and Christine E. Sleeter
Synopsis and Key Points:
Learn how to apply the principles of multicultural education in your classroom.
Main DigestPut multicultural theory into practice. Theories about diversity don't mean anything until you actually put them into practice. Now with Grant and Sleeter's Fourth Edition of Turning on Learning, you'll learn how to apply the principles of multicultural education in your classroom.
Put multicultural theory into practice! Theories about diversity don't mean anything until you actually put them into practice.
Now with Grant and Sleeter's Fourth Edition of Turning on Learning, you'll learn how to apply the principles of multicultural education in your classroom. This practical lesson-based companion to Sleeter and Grant's Making Choices for Multicultural Education: Five Approaches to Race, Class, and Gender contains a wealth of ready-to-use lesson plans covering a variety of subject areas for grade levels K through 12. The Fourth Edition features additional lesson plans and new resource material. All of the remaining lesson plans were updated.
About the Authors:
Carl Grant is Professor of Teacher Education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University Wisconsin-Madison and Chair of the Publication Committee of the American Education Research Association. He is a past president of the National Association for Multicultural Education.
Christine Sleeter is Professor Emeritus at California State University-Monterey Bay and Vice President of Division K, Teaching and Teacher Education, of the American Educational Research Association.
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Wiley; 4 edition (January 13, 2006)
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.