The Number 3 Mystery Book by Chris Pink
Author: Mik Smith
Published: 2012-04-24 : (Rev. 2013-06-15)
Synopsis and Key Points:
If you looking for an adventure story that is exciting entertaining and original this book by Chris Pink will be right up your street.
Main DigestWhen I first heard about 'The Number 3 Mystery Book' I really wasn't sure whether it would be my cup of tea...
I do not make a habit of reading books that have been written for a mainly teenage audience and the story behind it sounded overly ambitious to me - Cherubism, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, depression, Cryptozoology, disability, loss, magic... I mean, can a fresh and previously unpublished novelist really deal with such a wide variety of difficult and demanding issues? Sure, including them in a story may be easy enough, but getting the whole thing to work is quite another matter altogether. However, as things turned out, I was to be very pleasantly surprised indeed...
Not only has Chris tied each of these elements together expertly in 'The Number 3 Mystery Book', he has kept each of them perfectly balanced; and that is a hell of an achievement in itself. The temptation to go off on a tangent about one particular ingredient of the aforementioned list must have been very great indeed, yet Mr Pink has managed to keep everything bubbling at precisely the right heat.
Like any good story, 'The Number 3 Mystery Book' has the perfect balance of light and dark. Some parts of it will have you laughing out loud (genuinely) whilst others will have you questioning the cruelty of human existence. Put it this way; if an accomplished writer had been responsible for this book, they would be very pleased with their work. So for a debut novel, this really is something very special!
The Number 3 Mystery Book by Chris Pink Book Cover Picture
Chris Pink's book has many other merits too - his characters are colorful, his writing is descriptive (yet still pleasantly fast-paced) whilst his confident sentence structure really sets his work aside from many other young writers. 'The Number 3 Mystery Book' is certainly something different and it definitely addresses a dizzying array of subjects... yet it all holds together wonderfully and feels totally natural in the way it reads. It's difficult to say too much more about this book without spoiling the plot, so I think this is a good place to stop. However, if you looking for an adventure story that is exciting, entertaining and original, this book will be right up your street!
The book is available from the following places:
Amazon US: www.amazon.com/The-Number-Mystery-Book-ebook/dp/B005457MRA/ref=sr_1_1ie=UTF8&qid=1334571983&sr=8-1
Amazon UK: www.amazon.co.uk/Number-Mystery-Book-ebook/dp/B005457MRA
Amazon Germany: www.amazon.de/The-Number-Mystery-Book-ebook/dp/B005457MRA/ref=sr_1_1ie=UTF8&qid=1335262296&sr=8-1
In paperback (301 pages, gloss cover) - www.thenumberthree.co.uk
Chris Pink's personal blog - cpink.wordpress.com
- 1 - Dreams Not Forgotten: Hope for a Better Tomorrow - Will Kalinke : Trafford Publishing (2015/01/12)
- 2 - Physical Deformity - Understanding Our Gut Reactions : Joel L.A. Peterson (2015/01/21)
- 3 - Healing Without Hurting: Treating ADHD, Apraxia, Autism Naturally : Jennifer Giustra-Kozek, LPC (2015/01/19)
- 4 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 5 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 6 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 7 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.