Polio Survivor Shares Her Story
Author: Linda Christianson
All the Steps I Have Taken Then and Now by Linda L Christianson covers topics like finding success in spite of limitations and how to enjoy each day to the fullest.
Main DigestTaking life one day at a time - New memoir about one woman's life with Polio - When she was a little girl growing up in Blooming Prairie, Linda Christianson had parents that tried their best to make sure she had a "normal life" like everyone else.
Polio - Poliomyelitis is a viral disease that can affect nerves and can lead to partial or full paralysis. There are three basic patterns of polio infection: subclinical infections, non-paralytic, and paralytic. Most people have subclinical infection, and may not have symptoms.
Don't worry about tomorrow, you may miss the joys of today.
For Retired Dental Assistant Linda L. Christianson, who was diagnosed with Polio at six months old, life hasn't been easy. But in the words of her children who are now grown, with her positive attitude and determination, you wouldn't know she was different from anyone else.
"I put on all the patience I can as I put my brace on my left leg and get myself going in the morning," Christianson says. "Everyday is an adventure waiting to happen. I fill it with as many things as I can to make it a great day."
To inspire others to find the positives in life, Christianson pens her memoir, All the Steps I Have Taken: Then and Now. In her new book, Christianson covers topics like finding success in spite of limitations, how to enjoy each day to the fullest, the importance of support from family and friends, how to believe in yourself, no matter what, and the importance of immunizations for children.
In sharing her memoir with others, Christianson has one ultimate goal: to remind readers of all ages to appreciate each day and stay positive within their own lives.
"You can always find something to get upset about in life, I simply don't let that happen," Christianson says. "My book is just a plain and simple book filled with encouragement to lift people's spirits."
Linda L. Christianson is a mother, grandmother and retired registered dental assistant living in Blooming Prairie, Minn., with her husband. Christianson is active in her community and enjoys sewing, piano, church activities, entertaining friends and spending time with her grandchildren. All the Steps I Have Taken: Then and Now is her first book.
All the Steps I Have Taken: Then and Now by Linda L. Christianson
Paperback, $8.99 e-Book, $3.99
Available at bookstore.inspiringvoices.com, amazon.com, www.barnesandnoble.com
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.