Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry
Author: Robert M. Hensel(i) : Contact: roberthensel.webs.com
Published: 2016-08-14 : (Rev. 2020-05-06)
- Masterfully crafted by Robert M. Hensel - Writings on the Wall: Inspirational Poems and Quotes is a product of the author's own unique life experiences..
- Born with Spina bifida, "the odds" told Robert M. Hensel that he'd not only be confined to a wheelchair, but to a life of the mundane.
- In "Writings On The Wall," contemporary poet Robert M. Hensel takes us on a journey filled with expressions of hope, peace, love and war.
Masterfully crafted by leading disability advocate, world-record holder and prolific writer - Robert M. Hensel - 'Writings on the Wall: Inspirational Poems & Quotes' is a product of the author's own unique life experiences. Confined to mobility via a wheelchair, Hensel has broken through the odds, and adversity, to emerge as something of a celebrity among those also living with physical limitation. In this latest volume, Hensel unravels his soul, to prove that hope and peace will always prevail.
Born with Spina bifida, "the odds" told Robert M. Hensel that he'd not only be confined to a wheelchair, but to a life of the mundane. Try telling that to Hensel now, with over 900 publications to his name, a quirky world record, the official recognition of Oswego County's 'Beyond Limitations' week and even selection to carry the torch for the 2006 Asian Games. In short, disability is no bar to success.
Hensel's unique outlook and grit flow on each page of his writing; with his latest book of poems and quotes providing a much-needed message of hope to humanity. 'Writings on the Wall: Inspirational Poems & Quotes' is truly life-changing.
In "Writings On The Wall," contemporary poet Robert M. Hensel takes us on a journey filled with expressions of hope, peace, love and war. Every poem and quotation, throughout the book, is sure to leave you inspired and wanting more.
"Are you ready for something weird yet incredibly awesome? I hold the official world record (Guinness & Riply's) for the longest nonstop wheelie in a wheelchair, covering a total distance of 6.178 miles," explains Hensel. "It just goes to show that people with disabilities can achieve anything they want to; we just have to go about it a little differently than our able-bodied friends. We truly know what hope and opportunity means, which is why I've spent so many years perfecting my writing with a bold vehicle to change lives through the simple construction of words."
Continuing, "I've reached a unique platform that gives me both the honor and responsibility of being a role model for those with physical limitations and, coupled with humanity-at-large currently facing fierce discord, there has never been a better time for us to empower people to strive for a more positive mindset. My gift to humanity is to plant the seed and inspiration of hope, through unique verse."
With the volume's demand expected to increase, interested readers are urged to secure their copies without delay.
Robert M. Hensel
Robert M. Hensel was born with a birth defect known as Spina bifida. A disability that has not stopped him from achieving success in his life. Mr. Hensel is a leading figure within the disability community, advocating for the treatment and rights of all individuals living with disabilities across the globe. In 2000, realizing the need to focus more on one's abilities and less on their disabilities, Hensel sought to have a week designated that would bring to light the many talents and accomplishments being made by individuals with disabilities. Due to his efforts, Oswego county passed a motion recognizing Oct. 1-7 as Beyond Limitations week.
Robert is also an International Poet-Writer with well over 900 publications published Worldwide.
In 2000, Robert was nominated as one of the best Poets of the 20th Cen. Just most recently, he was nominated for the Pushcart Prize, an award giving to Outstanding Poets & Writers.
Hensel is also a Guinness & Ripley's world record holder for the longest nonstop wheelie in a wheelchair, covering a total distance of 6.178 miles. The reason for his record was to help raise money for wheelchair ramps throughout his Community.
Roberts Journey doesn't stop there by any means. In Oct 2006, he was asked to carry the torch for the 2006 Asian Games. It is said that he was the only one chosen out of Thousands of other Celebrities throughout the United States to carry out such an honor.
Much of his accomplishments have recently found a permanent home within the walls of The Museum of Disability History, for others to appreciate and learn from. The Museum of Disability History is the only one of its kind, displaying the Artifacts and accomplishments connected to some of history's most notable disabled figures of our time, such as Helen Keller and many others. The Museum is located in Buffalo, New York. 'Writings on the Wall: Inspirational Poems & Quotes' is available now.
(i)Source/Reference: Robert M. Hensel. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Creation, Evolution, and the Handicapped: Crushing the Death Image : Pastor Richard Luther Corwin (2016/06/23)
- 2 - Missing Frames: Memoir of a Woman Living with Hidden Disabilities : Scooter (2016/07/01)
- 3 - Writings On the Wall: Disability Advocate's Uplifting Book of Poetry : Robert M. Hensel (2016/08/14)
- 4 - Wheelchair Exercising Book: Zero Assistance Resistance Training by Dan Highcock : Dan Highcock (2016/10/03)
- 5 - Single Handed : A Book by Hanoch Budin : Hanoch Budin (2016/10/27)
- 6 - Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself by Tsara Shelton : Tsara Shelton (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Book : Walk in My Shoes : DeafBlind Writers Tell All : Ramona Rice (2017/01/03)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.